Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next up .....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Martin567 wrote: »
    Hull finished 16th! Arsenal won 3-0 in the game you refer to above!

The grass is not always greener everywhere else. Ridiculous to imply that Spurs would be stronger with Huddlestone & Livermore in the team.

Yeah if they controlled the game in a 3-0 defeat, they'd have to be brought up on match fixing charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

yiddo59 wrote: »
    For once I'm with Levy ;).

Unusually I am against Levy on this one but whoever gets it I hope he is given enough time. I hope we are not looking for his head to roll by Christmas if we are not in the top four. We seem to be an impatient bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I hear that this article is fairly accurate, in terms of various people in he club's management want different people to replace TS...

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.ie/2014/05/lewispochettino-vs-levybenitez-vs.html

Joe Lewis wants Pochettino

Daniel Levy wants Benitez

Franco Baldini wants De Boer

Quick lets listen to Baldinis advice. It's been so good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Why don't we get all 3. Survival of the fittest, surely 1 of then will work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Joe Lewis has no interest in football and has only showed up at WHL on a handfull of occasions.His 2 loves are tennis and golf.Mr.Lewis quite simply wants to see a healthy return on his money each year-something Daniel Levy is tasked with ensuring.
    Joe Lewis could not care if we never won another game as long as we are profitable.
    I would severely doubt he even knows who Pochettino is.

• Advertisement

Joe Lewis has no interest in football and has only showed up at WHL on a handfull of occasions.His 2 loves are tennis and golf.Mr.Lewis quite simply wants to see a healthy return on his money each year-something Daniel Levy is tasked with ensuring.
    Joe Lewis could not care if we never won another game as long as we are profitable.
    I would severely doubt he even knows who Pochettino is.

I'd severely doubt he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Bookies odds today...

Pochettino 8/15
    De Boer 3/1
    Benitez 7/1
    Mancini 8/1

Mancini's price has plummeted over night.

Benitez and Mancini are a solution for two years/three years max.

While De Boer and Pochettino would suggest the board are looking long term.

Though, we know that 'long term' doesn't really exist. That's why I'd probably prefer Benitez or Mancini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Pochettino would be a joke and how anyone thinks he would be an upgrade on sherwood is beyond me

he was blessed with a crop of brilliant players at Southampton, even with them, over two games he could not get the better of dim tim

to take us to the next level we need benitez, even if that is only for 3 years, comparing with available managers his record is unrivaled, unless of course people believe the pipe dream that we could get ancelotti, i am afraid that was a bit like the LVG dream

Bookies odds today...

Pochettino 8/15
    De Boer 3/1
    Benitez 7/1
    Mancini 8/1

Mancini's price has plummeted over night.

Benitez and Mancini are a solution for two years/three years max.

While De Boer and Pochettino would suggest the board are looking long term.

Though, we know that 'long term' doesn't really exist. That's why I'd probably prefer Benitez or Mancini.

I agree that long term managers are a pipe dream, but don't see why Mancini and Benitez would automatically be shorter term than the other two?

Pochettino would be a joke and how anyone thinks he would be an upgrade on sherwood is beyond me

he was blessed with a crop of brilliant players at Southampton, even with them, over two games he could not get the better of dim tim

to take us to the next level we need benitez, even if that is only for 3 years, comparing with available managers his record is unrivaled, unless of course people believe the pipe dream that we could get ancelotti, i am afraid that was a bit like the LVG dream

He hasn't been a joke at Southampton.

Good managers get the best out of their players. Pochettino seems to have done that at Southampton and did it playing nice football too. Sherwood did neither at Spurs.

If he got the best out of Spurs players and got us playing football, who knows where we could go.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    He hasn't been a joke at Southampton.

Good managers get the best out of their players. Pochettino seems to have done that at Southampton and did it playing nice football too. Sherwood did neither at Spurs.

If he got the best out of Spurs players and got us playing football, who knows where we could go.

yes but good players also make average managers look good,
    if he is appointed i will support him but i dont think he is the right choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ormus wrote: »
    I agree that long term managers are a pipe dream, but don't see why Mancini and Benitez would automatically be shorter term than the other two?

From what I've read, Pochettino and FDB would be longer-term because they focus on youth development. Whereas Benitez and Mancini aren't too bothered about youth development and focus on the first team, thus looking to achieve short-term success.

From what I've read, Pochettino and FDB would be longer-term because they focus on youth development. Whereas Benitez and Mancini aren't too bothered about youth development and focus on the first team, thus looking to achieve short-term success.

Ah ok sorry I thought you were referring to how long they would stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You don't know much about Benitez so, he battled with the Liverpool board for a long time for control of the academy. He totally overhauled it, by bringing in the best from La Masia and now coupled with a manager who believes in youth we are finally starting to see the benefits.

Spurs don't want a manager though they want a head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

FDB is back in the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

FDB is back in the frame.

Whats the latest? I have no idea who i would like to get this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

.. well FBD ain't getting the Barca job and he sure has been quiet in recent weeks compared to 5-6 weeks ago.

Roddy Collins is available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Roddy Collins is available

Spurs will have to make the first move. The Hot Rod doesn't apply for jobs :D

Meanwhile the Evening Standard are reporting that Southampton are looking for a new manager to replace Pochettino

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/southampton-search-for-new-boss-as-tottenham-close-in-on-mauricio-pochettino-9402206.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Paul Lambert :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Ranieri anyone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

awkwardboy wrote: »
    Ranieri anyone?

Please no, wouldn't have much faith in him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Southampton sacked the 2 guys part responsible for developing some of there top young players, strange timing, dodd and williams were highly thought of

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Southampton sacked the 2 guys part responsible for developing some of there top young players, strange timing, dodd and williams were highly thought of

Joining Pocchy in London?! Would be unusual for a manager to bring his youth dev coaches with him, good in many ways,just unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

My only concern with Pocchy (is that what we calling him going forward :D) is that he hasn't won anything in his career. In fact all he has done is led two team to mid table comfortability, do we really want that again.

Team From To Record G W D L Win % Espanyol 20 January 2009 26 November 2012 161 53 38 70 32.92 Southampton 18 January 2013 Present 60 23 18 19 38.33 Total 221 76 56 89 34.39

Then again, winning trophies at a previous club is no guarantee of success for us (AVB, Ramos etc)

I think he will get us playing a great style of football but will be be able to improve upon the points total that AVB and TS managed in the last 2 years. I doubt it.

Can't see what the optimism is for Pocchy. He would still be only learning his trade at Spurs. Surely we need a manager with a proven track record. Anything else is a huge gamble. At the moment no available names stand out.

Glebee wrote: »
    Can't see what the optimism is for Pocchy. He would still be only learning his trade at Spurs. Surely we need a manager with a proven track record. Anything else is a huge gamble. At the moment no available names stand out.

The problem is there is no one available with a proven track record. Either FDB or Pocchy will be cheap and a gamble with a possibility of proving to be successful young managers. It has Levytastic all over it.

Maybe we should have held onto Tim until a suitable candidate became available. Good managers are few and far between and the possibility of unearthing the next great thing is 1 in a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Glebee wrote: »
    Maybe we should have held onto Tim until a suitable candidate became available. Good managers are few and far between and the possibility of unearthing the next great thing is 1 in a million.

Tim was probably shown respect by being let go early in the summer, give him time to find another appointment. We've needed a manager since AVB was discharged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Another new manager.
    In to June soon and not appointed.
    Transition period BS.
    A manager taking over a squad that he didn't assemble.
    Will he be given funds or be told to sell before buying?
    Several of our better players appear very unhappy.
    Our 2 record signings were huge flops.

Somebody give me some positives :mad:

Advertisement