Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next up .....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

FDB is near begging to be approached, and for me would be a better option than Pochettino. Id say, mad as it may seem, that levy is waiting to see what happens in the CL final. If real dont win, I could see Anchellotti being replaced, this could lead to a serious domino effect... maybe he could even end up with us, as he has declared his love for london life. Whatever happens I'll be getting fully behind whoever it is.

on another issues, how do we measure success? doing the best we ever have done, points wise, in the PL (avb)? Winning our last trophy (Ramos)? sure these have to be considered partially successful managers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Another new manager.
    In to June soon and not appointed.
    Transition period BS.
    A manager taking over a squad that he didn't assemble.
    Will he be given funds or be told to sell before buying?
    Several of our better players appear very unhappy.
    Our 2 record signings were huge flops.

Somebody give me some positives :mad:

That's not how Levy sees it, we are not looking for a manager, but for a coach. We are set up like a European Club, where we have a director of football, the club buys the players and the coach just looks after them. The average European turnaround on coaches is 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

FDB is near begging to be approached, and for me would be a better option than Pochettino. Id say, mad as it may seem, that levy is waiting to see what happens in the CL final. If real dont win, I could see Anchellotti being replaced, this could lead to a serious domino effect... maybe he could even end up with us, as he has declared his love for london life. Whatever happens I'll be getting fully behind whoever it is.

on another issues, how do we measure success? doing the best we ever have done, points wise, in the PL (avb)? Winning our last trophy (Ramos)? sure these have to be considered partially successful managers...

FDB done a bit too much talking a few weeks back when he should have kept his mouth shut, but whoever it is I'll back him.

We need a fcuking trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

That's not how Levy sees it, we are not looking for a manager, but for a coach. We are set up like a European Club, where we have a director of football, the club buys the players and the coach just looks after them. The average European turnaround on coaches is 2 years

But sure Levy will change his mind in 2 years time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mushykeogh wrote: »
    The problem is there is no one available with a proven track record. Either FDB or Pocchy will be cheap and a gamble with a possibility of proving to be successful young managers. It has Levytastic all over it.

Totally agree. Pochetta and FDB are Levy managers. A bit like the players we buy... potential but never proven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Another new manager.
    In to June soon and not appointed.
    Transition period BS.
    A manager taking over a squad that he didn't assemble.
    Will he be given funds or be told to sell before buying?
    Several of our better players appear very unhappy.
    Our 2 record signings were huge flops.

Somebody give me some positives :mad:

Two positives; Erikson and Lloris.

Lamella could come good yet, he hasn't played much, bit like a new signing and hopefully well settled?

There are no guarantees but Soldado could also improve greatly after his first season.

Bentalab and Harry Kane coming through are also positives.

Spurs have a very good squad, Sandro, Dembele, Ade (when in the mood) to mention a few. There are many others who with proper management could make us very strong next season.

I am sure Levy/Lewis will make some money available to new manager if he wants to add something extra to the team.

Spurs are not perfect, not by a long shot but there are lots of positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Glebee wrote: »
    Can't see what the optimism is for Pocchy. He would still be only learning his trade at Spurs. Surely we need a manager with a proven track record. Anything else is a huge gamble. At the moment no available names stand out.

Rodgers is still learning his trade at Liverpool. Guardiola had zero track record when appointed by Barca.

If we want someone proven in the Premiership, we'd probably get Moyes.

I'd prefer us to push the boat out a bit with someone who'll get us playing with style and who has potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 buffalo909

We need our next manager to be given time to build something, 6th place wasn't a disaster but there were some spineless performances this year, Benitez would have the authority and command the respect to get us going in the right direction, but as has been said already here wouldn't really expect him to leave CL football for EL. How sad would it be to see Moyes in the dugout..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ha ha . You beat me to it.

Surely not.

I'd say he's for Norwich, WBA

or maybe he's off to Southampton

525888036a38fec4c3ecf1be585a34fc.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i bloddy hope not, that would be a mad move

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He will likely end up at Norwich, Moyes to Celtic maybe.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

nothing in that link suggests that, am I missing something?

nothing in that link suggests that, am I missing something?

Nope. No suggestion what so ever. Just thinking out loud..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Nope. No suggestion what so ever. Just thinking out loud..

Your mind goes to dark places :D

Your mind goes to dark places :D

Could you imagine if Levy announced Lennon as the next manager..:eek:

Could you imagine if Levy announced Lennon as the next manager..:eek:

I for one would welcome our new ginger insect overlord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ormus wrote: »
    I for one would welcome our new ginger insect overlord.

your joking I presume ??

mickman wrote: »
    your joking I presume ??

Yep. Thought that was reasonably clear.

Then again by some people's logic he'd be ahead of Pochettino simply because he's won trophies.

Football logic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Then again by some people's logic he'd be ahead of Pochettino simply because he's won trophies.

Football logic :rolleyes:

And ahead of FBD, he's won more than him too. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Yep. Thought that was reasonably clear.

No need to be nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Carlo Ancelotti if things dont go well in CL final?

mickman wrote: »
    No need to be nasty

Was that nasty? Sorry, I was going for mild sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I have this feeling it could be Ancelotti. Sounds like we will be appointing next week and its all gone very quiet. HE's only 20-1 in the bookies, which is strange considering where is his. Might have a sneaky €5er and hope for an athlectico win. He would be would an amazing appointment though

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

oppiuy wrote: »
    I have this feeling it could be Ancelotti. Sounds like we will be appointing next week and its all gone very quiet. HE's only 20-1 in the bookies, which is strange considering where is his. Might have a sneaky €5er and hope for an athlectico win. He would be would an amazing appointment though

When have we ever hired an in demand top manager? We only got AVB after he failed miserably at Chelsea. I would love if Ancelotti became the next Spurs manager but we are not on his radar. WE are more likely to hire Neil bleedin Lennon than Ancelotti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Not one single source or quote in that article!

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Not one single source or quote in that article!

true, maybe putting too much faith in the bbc i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

true, maybe putting too much faith in the bbc i guess

In fairness they do tend to be accurate, and in this case i hope they are. Would levy be looking at a world cup manager?

Advertisement