Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next up .....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    In fairness they do tend to be accurate, and in this case i hope they are. Would levy be looking at a world cup manager?

That's the feeling I'm getting now, do you think that might be a bad thing? My instant reaction is - yes, it is, but then a good number of our squad will be playing in the WC or will be at it anyway so they won't get much face time with the new coach if he's appointed before that's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Let's see what happens after the qpr/derby game...

Even if Harry isn't been approached, it will be entertaining to hear Harry whoring himself for the job in the media if qpr loose.

Let's see what happens after the qpr/derby game...

Even if Harry isn't been approached, it will be entertaining to hear Harry whoring himself for the job in the media if qpr loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ancelotti/redknapp, this place has gone mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

My Harry reference was a joke, its gotten out of hand!

• Advertisement

Harry would be a step backwards in many respects but I'd have him ahead of some of the managers we have been linked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Take this with a wheel-barrow of salt, but guys on Spurs Community saying the board met with Pochettino yesterday and the photos of Pochettino saying his goodbyes at Southampton's training ground are genuine.

It's all hersay, but I don't believe we're waiting for an Ancelotti or a World Cup manager. I think Levy & Co. are meeting FDB, Poch and maybe Benitez - but, the hiring process will not be rushed, candidates will have time to prepare for a formal interview. I'd say our manager will be one of those three and will be announced in the coming two weeks.

Won't be Harry now anyway but we will be coming up against him next year.

Also, just read QPRs wage bill is bigger than Athletico Madrids. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

I'd say Ancelotti could be unemployed before the weekend is out

Looking that way alright but does DL have the balls to appointment a proven manager like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Looking that way alright but does DL have the balls to appointment a proven manager like that.

You spoke too soon, momentum with RM now

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

I'd eat my shorts if he came to Spurs. The last 3 clubs he has been at have top players on top wages. I doubt if he is going to go to a club who are 'mid-table' when it comes to paying wages of top players that he will want/need.

Anyway, can't believe RM have pulled it out of the fire.....

Ronaldo has been shocking.lucky not to have been substituted and even luckier if he ends up on the winning team-which looks likely at this stage.

And there is Bale. Spurs stand to make 15million if Real win, typical Levy. Straight out and buy Baines with your winnings Daniel :D

Over now...

Fair play can't say I begrudge Bale,he has come up trumps when the chips were down unlike some of his team mates.

The most undeserved goal ever scored

From FB
    The pics of Poch at HW yesterday ARE genuine. 4 security staff currently suspended. Spurs did not have permission to talk with Poch.So a lot of stuff going down with Saints right now. Saints considering options in terms of legal action. Levy and Poch met for 1 hour.Daniel levy insisted the suspensions will happen. Club also believe that the dip in odds are due to security staff leaking to friends. I'm told.That Hotspur way is chaos at the moment with with the suspensions and leaks

From FB

Hope this isn't true.
    I don't like seeing this type of behaviour I.e tapping up.
    We have been the victim of it enough times and I would hate to think
    Our club is participating in shady deals again.

• Advertisement

Levy all over if true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

all reports are pointing towards pooch,

i hope i am wrong, but i dont think he is the one

all reports are pointing towards pooch,

i hope i am wrong, but i dont think he is the one

Not all, just UK. Dutch papers reporting FDB has deal done

Some ajax fan sites say FDB is to leave, could be a few days of this sort of thing ahead.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bbc chiming in with this: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27579306

Again, no quotes..nothing substantial at all....very strange from the beeb

bbc chiming in with this: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27579306

Again, no quotes..nothing substantial at all....very strange from the beeb

Yea, looks inevitable now, would be a major shock if this falls through.

There's a pic going the rounds on Twitter of FDB at Gatwick airport

Edit, it appears it's from 2010, gooner windup

... Is there anything to be said for another mass.

Pocchy stories definitely building momentum online...

... very much a Levy type manager. Young, something to prove, bags of potential, relatively cheap and apparently responsible for the development of homegrown academy players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

From Spurs Community...
    We've been told that Poch is "all sorted contract-wise" and we're just finalising terms with Southampton.

It'll be a 3 year deal with a further 1 year option. He'll also bring in 3/4 of his backroom staff.

Advertisement