Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4s wifi button grayed out.

• 13-05-2014 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. :(

Been having terrible luck with my iPhone 4s... My wifi button is grayed out and says 'off'. It first happened on Saturday, but I followed the steps online by resetting network settings and it came back on again. Just today it happened again and it won't come back on. I've tried resetting all settings, network settings, restarting, letting it lie on 'Airplane Mode' and 'Do Not Disturb' for a few minutes while off.... Nothing has changed it.

Help. :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Cheers! Dun Laoghaire's a bit way out for me...

Any short term fixes? Or how much can I expect to pay to get it fixed?

Just a follow up reply;

I cleared a few files, left it update for a while.... It seems to be okay for now. Says the wifi's off and there's no symbol, but it is loading pages and the Internet/wifi is connecting perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Just a follow up reply;

I cleared a few files, left it update for a while.... It seems to be okay for now. Says the wifi's off and there's no symbol, but it is loading pages and the Internet/wifi is connecting perfectly.

Are you running iOS 7? My wife's 4s started dropping wifi when it was only about 8 months old, then after updating to ios7 she lost the wifi most if the time. It took a while but Apple admitted certain iPhones had problems with the wifi chip overheating and the update to 7 exasperated the issue, ultimately causing it to fail completely! We had our phone replaced only to find the new one doing the same after initial start up and upgrade!!! 3 rd phone is rock steady and no issues (phew) but this is a known issue (google it)? Although many boards users will swear its not (only cos it didn't happen to them). If your out of the year warranty you may still get redress with apple with Ireland's golden 2 year policy!

iOS 7.1 or whatever the latest Software update is...

It's an odd one, I restored the phone and the wifi was back for an hour or so, then disappeared.

Like just now, it decides I can go onto wifi... Great timing. :P
    Mines out of warranty a long time, I have it over two years now...

I am gonna drop into CompuB and see what is said there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lfcjfc

Hi JumpShivers

Did you ever resolve this issue properly? My wife's phone which is nearly 2 yrs old has the same problem following recent software update. After hours on the phone with Apple support and numerous factory re-sets etc, still no good. Apple admitted that recent sw updates seemed to be frying the wifi hardware on some phones. As the phone is more than a year old, Apple wont replace. However they have directed us back to O2 for free repair/replacement and even sent us a link to consumer's rights info on their site! Speaking to O2 on phone was a waste of time so need to get into a shop asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

I know Vodafone will definitely replace the phone if its within 2 year warranty
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057132084
    Don't see how O2 can get out of it, good luck :)

Advertisement