Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSI & P30 form

Options
  • 13-05-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

hoping someone can help me. I have an employee (childcare) and have therefore registered myself as an employer etc but since we employed her before all the forms etc were filled in and sent to the tax office, and it took a long time before the to'ing-and-fro'iong with the revenue etc was all finalised that I was paying her, and keeping a note of how much PRSI I needed to pay. So now, I gone through the registration process and received the P30 forms, how do I pay the PRSI for the months before the form-filling and registration had been completed as I do not have p30 forms for those 3 months. I assume these are now considered arrears, but I can't find out how I can pay, or at what rate, and what fine (if any) I will face?

Also, with regards to the P30 form. when the figures are not nice round euro figures, how do I account for the cents? To clarify - the section where I need to fill in the amounts for PAYE, USC, PRSI etc is xxx,xxx,xxx.00, but in my case it is never .00 there are always cents to account for - do I round up/down?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

You can just return all of the earlier three months on the earlier P30 form and then make sure that the correct details are entered in the P35 at the end of the year.

Dont worry about the cents, just round them up.

Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donnaw

Thanks dbran!

So even though it calls out the period on the P30 form as being 01 April 2014 to 30 April 2014, I can ignore this, and just file it to cover the PRSI for Feb & March too without needing to specify this? Another question if I may... Since I don't put the PPSN of the employee on the form, how does this PRSi etc get attributed to her - or how long does it take before we could check through her revenue info that it has all gone through correctly?

I was thinking that she could check her PRSI balance online and see this appearing at some point soon after I pay it, so then I could be confident that I have done everything right! :/

I'll get registered with ROS as I assume that will make things easier, but just realising it will take time to get the PIN through the post etc and need to get this paid to get myself in line!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

In this case, as long as the tax is paid you should be fine.

The P35 is the document that fixes everything and apportions the PRSI stamps to her etc so she will need to wait until after this document is filed at the end of the tax year before her PRSI stamps are updated.

dbran

Advertisement