Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM false withdrawal question

Options
  • 13-05-2014 3:09pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I used a Bank of Ireland ATM last week (Wednesday) to take out some cash. However I didn't get the cash (either I walked away and it was swallowed or it didn't come out (Supermarket cctv was checked and shows me taking out my card but no cash)

I then did a second withdrawal and got the cash this time. Both withdrawals are showing up on my online banking. 

I called Bank of Ireland where I live in relation to this and they told me that the machine should show this anomaly and the money would be credited back to my account (I am an Ulster Bank customer)

However this has not yet happened.

Can you advise if it is the case that the refund should occur, and if so the timeframes for it to occur?

If it is not the case that the refund should occur, can you advise who I can contact in BoI in relation to this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Stheno,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

The withdrawal amount should go back in to your account within 24 hours.

As the money hasn't been returned yet, it is advisable to contact your bank directly. They will be able to raise a query regarding this and have the matter investigated for you.

I hope this helps, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks

Nicola

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi Stheno,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

The withdrawal amount should go back in to your account within 24 hours.

As the money hasn't been returned yet, it is advisable to contact your bank directly. They will be able to raise a query regarding this and have the matter investigated for you.

I hope this helps, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks

Nicola
    Thanks for your reply.

So I need to contact Ulster Bank who will then contact BoI?

Is that what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Stheno, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Yes, that is correct. As your account is with Ulster Bank, you will need to contact them directly.  A representative there will be able to initiate an investigation with Bank of Ireland on your behalf. 

We hope this is all resolved for you soon. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi Stheno, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Yes, that is correct. As your account is with Ulster Bank, you will need to contact them directly.  A representative there will be able to initiate an investigation with Bank of Ireland on your behalf. 

We hope this is all resolved for you soon. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine
    Thanks for the prompt reply Elaine.

I've done the above so UlsterBank have opened an ATM dispute form for me.

Thanks to you and Nicola for your assistance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

You're very welcome Stheno, 

Great to hear this is now being investigated for you and I will pass on your thanks to Nicola. 

If we can help you with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Advertisement
Advertisement