Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating too many carbs?

Options
  • 13-05-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys

I've been vegan for a few months now, and loving it. The only thing is I tend to eat a lot of carbs these days, I always did, but more so now. I eat fairly healthily, but I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on how to cut back?

I also tend to get very hungry even after eating three meals, with beans/nuts etc. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

cas9 wrote: »
    Hey guys

I've been vegan for a few months now, and loving it. The only thing is I tend to eat a lot of carbs these days, I always did, but more so now. I eat fairly healthily, but I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on how to cut back?

I also tend to get very hungry even after eating three meals, with beans/nuts etc. Is this normal?

Thanks!

I did this too, I've only recently gotten out of it tbh, and it's still an effort. People always say to others becoming veggie/vegan.....don't become a pastafarian! But it's so easy, I ate way too much bread mainly. Try to choose good carbs like wholegrain/wholewheat products rather than refined carbs. And it's really not good for your body to eat carbs alone, always try to eat protein with carbs. Other than that maybe take a look of what your common meals consist of, if your breakfast is carb-based then you might want to change that or your lunch or whatever. If you're getting hungry then try to eat more things like quinoa, lentils, cous cous, bulgar, sweet potatoes as an accompaniment to whatever you're having instead of pasta/potatoes/white rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I've found it a real help to look through some of the vegan recipe blogs that are out there. Just google it and you'll find plenty. So many inventive recipes and new ways of using ingredients.

Advertisement