Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Costa or Starbucks Instant Coffee

• 13-05-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Do any of the super markets stock Starbucks or Costa instant coffee?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Think Tesco does Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Defo seen tins of Costa in Tesco. What's it like ??? On the look out for decent instant for the office. Some pest nicked my French press......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

decent instant is a bit of an oxymoron. I do hear some positives about the Starbucks Via though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just get an AeroPress and proper coffee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Get yourself some Starbucks Via sachets in tesco or your nearest Starbucks, the Italian blend are my personal favourite. Really good as instant goes.
    Never mind the snobs, I knew before I even opened this post that there would be an aeropress recommendation, go to any instant coffee post and you'll get the generic aeropress and bean to cup recommendations.
    Great, if you were asking for a machine or device but rather unhelpful when you want to just pour boiling water into a cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Nothing 'snobby' in recommending real coffee over instant.
    No need for the persecution complex either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

Never mind the snobs, I knew before I even opened this post that there would be an aeropress recommendation, go to any instant coffee post and you'll get the generic aeropress and bean to cup recommendations.
    Great, if you were asking for a machine or device but rather unhelpful when you want to just pour boiling water into a cup.

Making a helpful suggestion that might improve the OP's coffee consumption is hardly being snobby. This is a coffee forum full of knowledgeable coffee drinkers who are passionate about good coffee. I'd be disappointed if I opened this thread and had seen no recommendation for some fresh beans and a new brewing method such as aeropress or french press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

But is the question not about instant. We all know that aeropress etc is a better brewing method. Sometimes just not possible though im afraid to use alternative method.(Like in my office where it will grow legs and walk:()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

Glebee wrote: »
    We all know that aeropress etc is a better brewing method.

But does the original poster? Perhaps instant is all they have ever had and don't realise there's a whole world of delicious coffee out there to be enjoyed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Get yourself some Starbucks Via sachets in tesco or your nearest Starbucks, the Italian blend are my personal favourite. Really good as instant goes.

Poor hot water over the coffee beans. Stir and leave to sit for however long you like (maybe a minute maybe 2) and push down. Not that much extra time now compared to instant for an infinitely better cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Glebee wrote: »
    But is the question not about instant. We all know that aeropress etc is a better brewing method.

Yes the question was about instant - just so you know though you don't brew instant coffee :pac:

Back on topic the panel of expert tasters at Which did their own reviews. They also reckon that Starbucks Italian Via was insipid :)
    http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/07/which-best-buy-wholebean-instant-coffees-325518/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

donnacha wrote: »
    Yes the question was about instant - just so you know though you don't brew instant coffee :pac:

Back on topic the panel of expert tasters at Which did their own reviews. They also reckon that Starbucks Italian Via was insipid :)
    http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/07/which-best-buy-wholebean-instant-coffees-325518/
    Simply the use of the word insipid would make that review null and void for me or any other instant coffee drinker.
    I think the taster needs to find himself an oakey merlot or a fruity chardonnay with a hint of desperation and he'll be right at home.
    Fair play though for only taking two days to find an article to refute my claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Simply the use of the word insipid would make that review null and void for me or any other instant coffee drinker.
    I think the taster needs to find himself an oakey merlot or a fruity chardonnay with a hint of desperation and he'll be right at home.
    Fair play though for only taking two days to find an article to refute my claims.
    Did you actually look at the review? The coffee was reviewed by a panel, rather than an individual, and they blind-tested a range of instant coffees. For the OP, their rankings/ratings were:
    • Nescafé Azera, 82% (£4.99, 100g)
    • Nescafé Azera Intenso, 77% (£4.99, 100g)
    • Tesco barista Whole Bean Instant Coffee, 66% (£3.50, 100g)
    • Carte Noire Instinct Wholebean Instant, 64% (£4.99, 100g)
    • Percol Fusion All Bean Instant Colombia, 64% (£4.85, 100g)
    • Percol Fusion All Bean Instant Guatemala, 63% (£4.85, 100g)
    • Starbucks Via Ready Brew Colombia, 60% (£4.95, 12 sachets)
    • Kenco Millicano Wholebean Instant, 58% (£4.39, 100g)
    • Morrisons Instaground Coffee, 53% (£2.99, 100g)
    • Percol Fusion All Bean Instant Kilimanjaro, 53% (£4.85, 100g)
    • Starbucks Via Ready Brew Italian Roast Extra Bold, 40% (£4.95, 12 sachets)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

Here ye go, perfect for the office or even commute:

linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

whoosh

Advertisement