Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year in

Options
  • 13-05-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I had my last cigarette on May 31st 2013. Im so happy - i never thought i could give up smoking - i smoked before breakfast most mornings - how disgusting does that sound now. Nowadays Ill have my weetabix and a cup of coffee and then mosy into work before i take out my ecig. I used to wait for the Mrs to drop the kid off to school and while she was gone Id manage to have 1 cigarette (at least)and go up and brush my teeth before she got home. Working from home has its advanntages but not when you are sneaking outside to have a fag and dont want anyone to notice the stink of ciggys off you when you are in the house.

So in 1 year I have purchased 4 ego batteries and every possible clearomiser under €5.00 - and some others mostly CE4's, protanks, protank minis, Itaste 16's

My daily vape now is an Aspire BDC
    They seem to be flawless - well at least i've been very lucky with them:D

I also bought all the wire and wick for rebuilding the kanger heads and have tried to rebuild the aspires withour much sucess. I have a kayfun from fasttech in the drawer - i tried 2 builds but found it all too much of a pain in the rear-end.

My wife bought me a Innokin MVP2 for Christmas and i use it at home most of the time - but i personally think you cant beat the ego batteries as the button seems more responsive that the button on the MVP2.

So what next - its nearly a year and im buying myself a birthday present.
    In all honesty Ill probably buy either anoher MVP 2 as I like the feel of them.
    No messing with batteries and they are easy going and last a good 12hours;).
    or 2 more ego batteries.

My question to you my fellow vaperoonies: If you had a budget of 50 or 60 bucks what would you buy that is handy. As i said its probably another MVP2
    but if there are other box mods out there Id love to know what they are.

Thanks for all the support and advice in the past year to all the people in here - its an amazing source of information and advice.

My next Mod 7 votes

MVP2
    0% 0 votes
    Another Ego Battery
    0% 0 votes
    something else
    14% 1 vote
    loads of ejiuce
    85% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Well done on your first year. (111 days here so my quit now app tells me)

I would go go with the DNA 30 ,it's due to be released very shortly but if you're not into subohm the Dna 20 would suit you.
    Looks like a nice peice of kit but waiting for the first reviews to come in.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007864/1696600

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Well done dball , i love the mvp2 , and the kayfun clone is well worth another go, it makes a nice change to have its a different vape to a protank , my main dailytank is protank 2 with air control base it just vapes so well with cotton.

I started on the aspire es-t bdc its a pity i found it next to impossible to rebuild them properly also.

I have some mechs the brass sentinel M16 is great, but there is one more mod id like and that is the seven 22 but its too pricey for now,

If i had the budget as you said i guess i would get another mvp2

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I've never tried the MVP, it looks great and I might get one eventually for the build quality but the size and fixed battery would put me off a bit.

I'd get a cheap 18650 box mod myself, preferably made up by somebody to spec. You should be able to get it catered to what suits you then or something a bit unusual like a NES/Wii controller if that kind of thing's your bag.

Disappointed more people don't make these kinds of things to sell, I think they're boss. An image search of Altoids Box Mods throws up absolutely cracking devices imo, they look better than most factory made devices to me.

Well done on the year, you could really treat yourself and get a Billet Box/Reo/DNA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

accaguest wrote: »
    I've never tried the MVP, it looks great and I might get one eventually for the build quality but the size and fixed battery would put me off a bit.

I'd get a cheap 18650 box mod myself, preferably made up by somebody to spec. You should be able to get it catered to what suits you then or something a bit unusual like a NES/Wii controller if that kind of thing's your bag.

Disappointed more people don't make these kinds of things to sell, I think they're boss. An image search of Altoids Box Mods throws up absolutely cracking devices imo, they look better than most factory made devices to me.

Well done on the year, you could really treat yourself and get a Billet Box/Reo/DNA :D

Have you held the MVP acca its only 2 inch wide and about 1.25 inch thick i was surprised when i got mine was expecting it to be bigger , yeah the fixed battery makes it disposable but id say it will last a long time all the same

Edit MVP is 39mm wide 20mm thick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

masonchat wrote: »
    Have you held the MVP acca its only 2 inch wide and about 1.25 inch thick i was surprised when i got mine was expecting it to be bigger , yeah the fixed battery makes it disposable but id say it will last a long time all the same

I have to say I do like my MVP and if i was going to get another MOD it would def be a box mod. its a nice feel (apart from that innokin button)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I've never tried one, I might pop in to a shop soon and see. I'll probably pick one up eventually, they do look a great bit of kit, it's more with a tank on top I was a bit put off by. Would it fit handy enough in your pocket all ready to vape with?

EDIT: Yeah, I prefer box mods as well. Seems the best shape for carrying around regarding battery life v size.

Advertisement