Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking near castleknock station

Options
  • 13-05-2014 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Is there any car park or on street parking near castleknock station? Thanks a bunch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

irishgatsu wrote: »
    Is there any car park or on street parking near castleknock station? Thanks a bunch

No car park, some people park around the estates in Roselawn or on Blanch main street. Plenty of parking at Phoenix Park station which is the next stop on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

People also park on Castleknock Wood and Parklands. Some park near 12th Lock hotel and walk up the canal tow path.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Funny im looking for the same thing as heading to the Liverpool match later, I was going to stick it in the bell car park.

Would the 12th lock be better? Don't want to park in some estate and not paying to park in Phoenix Park train station.

jeffk wrote: »
    Funny im looking for the same thing as heading to the Liverpool match later, I was going to stick it in the bell car park.

Would the 12th lock be better? Don't want to park in some estate and not paying to park in Phoenix Park train station.
    I would think that 12th Lock would be better.

You can park right at the end of that road, on the side opposite 12th Lock, just before the pedestrian bridge over the M50. It would not block access to 12th Lock car park or the small estate at the end. I think that that would be the most reasonable location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

...that could be used as a carpark by Fingall Co Co and make some money. It depends if the locals would play ball but the present set up is a dog**** trap and not really used by a lot of people, roads around are far too narrow for all day parking so thats not a runner.

Its only slightly better than the chaotic situation at Clonsilla where nearby roads and estates are clogged with all day commuter cars and double yellow lines do not seem to be heeded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Whatever about reshaping roads to add better parking, like at Clonsilla, theres no way public open space anywhere should be turned into Commuter parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Roselawn residents meeting next Monday to try and curb on street parking by commuters. Their going to try and introduce a similar system to some estates in Clonsilla where you can only park for 3 hours. Think there's loads of parking in Phoenix Park station but people don't want to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Roselawn residents meeting next Monday to try and curb on street parking by commuters. Their going to try and introduce a similar system to some estates in Clonsilla where you can only park for 3 hours. Think there's loads of parking in Phoenix Park station but people don't want to pay for it.

Be very wary of all that. Any time limits and reduction in spaces will also apply to residents, theyll also have to pay for a permit, currently €20 I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

doolox wrote: »
    ...that could be used as a carpark by Fingall Co Co and make some money. It depends if the locals would play ball but the present set up is a dog**** trap and not really used by a lot of people, roads around are far too narrow for all day parking so thats not a runner.

the locals would not agree to that.

...that could be used as a carpark by Fingal Co Co and make some money. It depends if the locals would play ball but the present set up is a dog**** trap and not really used by a lot of people, roads around are far too narrow for all day parking so that's not a runner.
    While I live about 2km from there I would object to removing green space for (lazy) motorists to use. If you build it, more will come and you will need to build more and more. This is not the solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Be very wary of all that. Any time limits and reduction in spaces will also apply to residents, theyll also have to pay for a permit, currently €20 I believe.

Doesn't affect me as I live at the far end but I'd say alot of the residents on the main road would be willing to pay €20 a year in order to stop people parking outside their door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

The bell car-park is huge and will likely never be full.
    They could rent over half it or it to Irish rail and if there is a function etc on then that takes preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How much does it cost to park in the Nowhere near Phoenix Park, Phoenix Park station.

(I know its renamed)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

beauf wrote: »
    How much does it cost to park in the Nowhere near Phoenix Park, Phoenix Park station.
    (I know its renamed)

From here:

Rates: €4 per day; €18 per week
    Payment Options: Pay by phone ONLY - 01 2580310

If it's an option, Coolmine is €4 per day using the ticket machine, or €3 per day using ParkbyText. Weekly and monthly prices work out cheaper per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

mind parking in the bell - they tend to clamp!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Its only slightly better than the chaotic situation at Clonsilla where nearby roads and estates are clogged with all day commuter cars and double yellow lines do not seem to be heeded.

Are you serious? That green is used daily by everyone, I've never gone past it (except at night) when it's been empty.

The station's just in a bad position for parking, and the cars are gradually snaking up further. There's been a line of commuter cars on the Drive some days too.

Advertisement