Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juicing - Tried and tested recepies ?

• 13-05-2014 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭

Hi, calling all juicers,

I know there are already tons of Juice recipes out there on the internet

But, I'd like to know tried and tested simple juice recipes that you use yourself regularly and recommend, recipes that suit what you can get easily in Irish shops, and offer reasonable value for money.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I just got into Juicing after watching "Fat, sick and nearly dead"

I'm not overweight and I'm not looking to lose weight just wanted to get more veg and fruit into my diet.

I like the following one.

Large handful of Kale (Spinach if i cant get Kale)
    2 Apples
    2 Celery Sticks
    Half a lime
    1 Cucumber
    2in Ginger

Also like a ginger shot in the morning

1 Apple
    2in Ginger

I've bought a few juicing books on my kindle so trying different juices out to get the benefits from different types of veg and fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

4 carrots
    3 apples
    2 pears
    2 kiwis
    And a head of broccoli

I drank it throughout the day and it Kept me going all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

The fruit and carrot ones contain a lot of sugars. Above the ground growing veg should make up the majority of your juice. Ginger is an excellent addition but for some the taste can be hard to get used to.

Advertisement