Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkies on O'Connell St and sorrounding area *READ MOD NOTE POST #1 AND #11*

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

How can they afford to go in every day! I lived in dublin for 6 months and there was no way I could easily afford a bus fare everyday :confused:

A lot of them have travel passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    A lot of them have travel passes.

Thats ridiculous. Surly they should only be given to those genuinely in need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Some would claim that they are genuinely in need.

If found committing offences in Dublin they should have the bus passes revoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

sabat wrote: »
    Yeah it's the brilliant joined-up thinking from Dublin's gardaí that's causing all the sh1t to move to the south quays. Store St have cleaned up the northside, leaving the problem for Pearse St.

This ebb and flow has been going on for years, and when there is a co-ordinated effort, the junkies hang around in the middle of Butt bridge.

D.

• Advertisement

Thats ridiculous. Surly they should only be given to those genuinely in need.

They genuinely need to get in and get their methadone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's no law linking criminality to bus pass eligibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How can they afford to go in every day! I lived in dublin for 6 months and there was no way I could easily afford a bus fare everyday :confused:
    'Free' travel on the Luas...

Not your ornery onager

So if anyone with a travel pass breaks the law they should have the pass revoked?

Or just people on drugs?

So if anyone with a travel pass breaks the law they should have the pass revoked?

Or just people on drugs?

Anyone really but I know its not as simple as that.

• Advertisement

Anyone really but I know its not as simple as that.

Exactly.

If my granddad gets arrested for speeding should be lose his pass?

If my friend who is visually impaired gets in a fight and charged with assault does he lose it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Yep...it's a hand out from the state..if they're not going to keeop within teh law they should find their hand-outs curtailed.

Bus passes are a joke anyway,i heard a bloke saying he makes 600 quid a week selling zimmos on top of the 400 a week he gets from the dole yet he cant afford the 2.20 it costs to get the bus into town?

These fcuckers are laughing at the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

chopper6 wrote: »
    i heard a bloke saying he makes 600 quid a week selling zimmos

He may not be declaring that income stream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Exactly.

If my granddad gets arrested for speeding should be lose his pass??

Why would an old man in possession of a bus pass be speeding in a vehicle?
    If my friend who is visually impaired gets in a fight and charged with assault does he lose it?

Why would a blind man be getting into fights?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Aard wrote: »
    Some would claim that they are genuinely in need.

They are the forgotten, the detritus of society, the despised and despoiled. They have every right to be in Dublin City or would their would be opponents have them caged up like animals?

It could be a member of your family, it could be someone you love, it could even be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

old hippy wrote: »
    They are the forgotten, the detritus of society, the despised and despoiled. They have every right to be in Dublin City or would their would be opponents have them caged up like animals?

Please don't compare them to animals. Even animals have manners.

chopper6 wrote: »
    Why would an old man in possession of a bus pass be speeding in a vehicle?

Why wouldn't he? You do realise that old people are still allowed to drive even when they get the free travel pass?

You don't have to hand over your licence at 66 you know.
    Why would a blind man be getting into fights?

Why would anyone be getting into fights? Do you think just because someone is visually impaired they transform into some kind of angel who never does anything wrong?

Honestly - your questions are quite silly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Please don't compare them to animals. Even animals have manners.

They are human beings, they have the same rights as you or I. But they may not have had the same life, the same chances, the same upbringing.

They are often more real, more alive, more worthy and more in need of compassion and understanding than many posting on this thread and similar ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

old hippy wrote:
    They are human beings, they have the same rights as you or I. But they may not have had the same life, the same chances, the same upbringing.

lots of people don't have the same chances or opportunities as others. But they don't go around robbing people or intimidating them. They are absolute scum and should be done away with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement