Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaa Gum shield

• 13-05-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all, just wanted to get your opinion on the best gum shield to get for Gaelic Football. Doing some googling last night I came across a brand called SISU. Looks good on the net anyway.
    I know the best thing would be to get a custom one at the dentist, but does any1 have experience with these SISU gum shields???

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Used SISU and they're fine. I still primarily use basic cheap boil and bite mouthguards and have for 17/18 years playing gaelic/rugby and never had any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

ferry17 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wanted to get your opinion on the best gum shield to get for Gaelic Football. Doing some googling last night I came across a brand called SISU. Looks good on the net anyway.
    I know the best thing would be to get a custom one at the dentist, but does any1 have experience with these SISU gum shields???

Thanks in advance..

I used a 10e Shock Doctor from Elverys, to be honest i hate the sensation of using a gum shield, made me gag a lot. I had to cut back the ends to shorten it.
    Might take a look at those SISU ones, they dont seem as 'prominent'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Go to your dentist and get a proper one made up and moulded.

Be worth it in the long run

Thanks in advance..

http://www.gosk8.ie/100-mouthguards
    Just ordered mine off this site in Tallaght, i rang him today, he said just to mark it down for a shop collection, add 'saver club product' to the check out twice (1e each) and he would post it out. All in all 21e posted.

Actually looking forward to trying it out, the shock doctor one of late is very uncomfortable of late, very hard to play with out the vomit sensation

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ferry17

I went with the SISU one in the end. 30e all in. Moulded it there last week, was awkward enough, had to try at least 7/8 times to get it right. Very good fit once I got it moulded properly. Nice and light and allows you yo talk and drink properly. Have yet to get a thump in the teeth to see if it does what its actually meant to do...

• Advertisement

I went with the SISU one in the end. 30e all in. Moulded it there last week, was awkward enough, had to try at least 7/8 times to get it right. Very good fit once I got it moulded properly. Nice and light and allows you yo talk and drink properly. Have yet to get a thump in the teeth to see if it does what its actually meant to do...

Ha good stuff! Here's hoping you never find out either!

Advertisement