Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to report or block a number?

Options
  • 13-05-2014 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it if it's wrong.

There's a foreign number, I think 0022 prefix, ringing my landline several times a day the past few weeks. Usually hanging up within a few seconds of answering, sometimes hearing a faint 'hello', usually nothing. What can I do about this? contact eircom? can they block it?. No idea what the purpose of it is. Feedback appreciated
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Mikros

I'm pretty sure Eircom will not or can not block a specific incoming number to your line. You can report the number to their Nuisance Call Buruea (Telephone: 1800 689 689) who will talk you through the options, or if you are looking for a permanent solution and don't mind spending money you can get a blocking device that you can plug in and block any number you want - €99 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - this forum would seem more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Freiheit wrote: »
    Hi not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it if it's wrong.

There's a foreign number, I think 0022 prefix, ringing my landline several times  a day the past few weeks. Usually hanging up within a few seconds of answering, sometimes hearing a faint 'hello', usually nothing. What can I do about this? contact eircom? can they block it?. No idea what the purpose of it is. Feedback appreciated
    K

Hi Freiheit

While eircom cannot block specific numbers from calling you there is a product which you can buy to do this however this would only be helpful to you if it is the same number calling you : http://www.eircom.net/accessories/phones/cordless/callblocker/

For more information on these calls please contact eircoms malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement