Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stay? UL Campus Accomodation

• 13-05-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I'll be going into first year - hopefully doing environmental science or science choice. Right now I've Plassey booked. I'd just like to hear about it from people who stayed there. Also I'd like to hear about the other on-campus student villages and the Craic in UL in general :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Molojan wrote: »
    I'll be going into first year - hopefully doing environmental science or science choice. Right now I've Plassey booked. I'd just like to hear about it from people who stayed there. Also I'd like to hear about the other on-campus student villages and the Craic in UL in general :)

I lived in Plassey for 1st year and am going back next year for my 4th. It's a lovely area, sometimes gets a bit rowdy but it's very welcoming for newcomers, especially if you're a 1st year and a little nervous. Rooms are very nice and comfortable but internet is an ethernet cable that barely reaches to the side of the bed (I just sat in bed close to falling off).

I don't really know what you wanna know but I lived there for a full year in first year so ask any questions and I'm happy to help :) I'll be around in Plassey next year too if you're in need of help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I lived in Plassey for first year and one semester of 2nd year. I really liked it for first year! I met loads of people in the first few weeks, and even though I didn't stay friends with most of them, it was great to know so many faces around campus. It can get a bit noisy, especially depending on your house and housemates, but most of all I found it grand!

If you have any questions in particular fire away :)
    Aragneer wrote: »
    internet is an ethernet cable that barely reaches to the side of the bed (I just sat in bed close to falling off).

You can buy much longer cables in O'Mahony's for something like €3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

You can buy much longer cables in O'Mahony's for something like €3.

I find the longer cables dont actually work for my laptop... it's a bit rubbish of a laptop haha same for my boyfriends one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Hey, we are looking for a room for the first semester only in UL as my son will be doing CO-Op after Christmas. Any ideas as to where to look? So far, we have had no luck, everyone wants a full year lease(which is understandable!)
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Hey, we are looking for a room for the first semester only in UL as my son will be doing CO-Op after Christmas. Any ideas as to where to look? So far, we have had no luck, everyone wants a full year lease(which is understandable!)
    Thanks in advance

There's a Single Semester Housing group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421680148088817/

• Advertisement
Advertisement