Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer manager

Options
  • 13-05-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi I'm not really sure if this is the right place but here goes.

Yesterday someone questioned why I bought loads of young players. My response was why would people wanna buy ageing players such as giggs,forlan,tony yeboah and tim Sherwood. I then received a reply from giggs' manager defending why he signed him. I then replied to him and at the end jokingly said "all I need now is forlans manager to come out defending him". With this forlans manager who goes by the name 'the governor' proceeded to launch a volley of disgusting language towards me that I found very offensive. My response was to simply try and calm the situation down by replying something along the lines of "in only fishing (messing) so relax"
    With this I received a message from a moderator 'tanx 4 the fish' (who I've tried to contact numerous times but have received no reply) stated that I was banned for 2 weeks for 'baiting'

Number 1) I never thought or would have thought in a million years this could cause someone offense unless the person in question was a child, which he must be.
    Number 2) 'the governor' has to be banned for the disgusting language he used towards me which I find very offensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

H

modo85 wrote: »
    H

A troll is someone who starts an argument by posting in an inflammatory way in order to provoke an emotional response.

A) is what I said inflammatory - no
    B) is forlan a relative or a person he knows well enough for it to hurt him emotionally or did I even say anything bad about forlan for it to hurt him emotionally ? - no
    C)did he write in an inflammatory way - yes
    D) did he hurt me emotionally with his disgusting language - yes
    E) who is the troll ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

With this I received a message from a moderator 'tanx 4 the fish' (who I've tried to contact numerous times but have received no reply) stated that I was banned for 2 weeks for 'baiting'

Hi modo85

Can you advise how long ago you've tried to contact the mod in question?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hi modo85

Can you advise how long ago you've tried to contact the mod in question?

All day yesterday

All day yesterday

Ok, leave it with me for the moment.

• Advertisement

Ok, Ive spoken to Thanks 4 The Fish, & while you did send pm's, you did so in order to discuss the behavior of other users and not to discuss our own ban. If you don't wish to dispute your ban, please advise. If you do wish to dispute it however, please contact Thanks 4 The Fish again to discuss it, and not to discuss other users tis time (as per first step in the diagram at the top of this forum). If you reach in impasse with Thanks 4 The Fish via pm, you may come back to this thread to have the decision reviewed.

Cheers
    Myrddin

Ok, Ive spoken to Thanks 4 The Fish, & while you did send pm's, you did so in order to discuss the behavior of other users and not to discuss our own ban. If you don't wish to dispute your ban, please advise. If you do wish to dispute it however, please contact Thanks 4 The Fish again to discuss it, and not to discuss other users tis time (as per first step in the diagram at the top of this forum). If you reach in impasse with Thanks 4 The Fish via pm, you may come back to this thread to have the decision reviewed.

Cheers
    Myrddin

Well in all fairness 'thanx 4 fish' has acted in
    A childish manner to by not acknowledging my messages. I have never been in this situation before and wrote to him questioning how on gods earth this can be classed as trolling. He didn't have the decency to acknowledge my questions. I did question why I was banned numerous times and also questioned weather he was receiving my messages to which I recieved no reply in the 2 days since this happened which I think says he lacks the decency to be a moderator.

With this I would like another moderator to talk to,you perhaps, to help me deal with this situation as I would not like to speak with 'thanx 4 fish' as he has proven to be a rude individua

Thanks

Here I quite clearly state my disagreement of the decision to ban me and from wot you say he wouldnt reply because I wanted to talk about other members??? This moderator wouldnt reply to my message and still hasn't after 2 days and after also reading my messages which I find at the highest level of rudeness or is he being biased to the user that reported me for "trolling"

Here I quite clearly state my disagreement of the decision to ban me and from wot you say he wouldnt reply because I wanted to talk about other members??? This moderator wouldnt reply to my message and still hasn't after 2 days and after also reading my messages which I find at the highest level of rudeness or is he being biased to the user that reported me for "trolling"

Thats a post on a public forum, not an attempt to resolve the matter with the moderator via pm. Can you make another attempt to discuss this mater via pm with Thanks 4 The Fish please, so the process outlined in the above diagram is being adhered to. Also, can you refrain from describing the moderator as acting childishly and/or is biased towards other users, that won't help your case. Send a pm to discuss the ban in a civil matter, & if you reach an impasse, post back here.

Thats a post on a public forum, not an attempt to resolve the matter with the moderator via pm. Can you make another attempt to discuss this mater via pm with Thanks 4 The Fish please, so the process outlined in the above diagram is being adhered to. Also, can you refrain from describing the moderator as acting childishly and/or is biased towards other users, that won't help your case. Send a pm to discuss the ban in a civil matter, & if you reach an impasse, post back here.

No this was the bottom part of the message he sent me in the pm stating I was banned and that in my reply questioning why I was banned via pm

• Advertisement

No this was the bottom part of the message he sent me in the pm stating I was banned and that in my reply questioning why I was banned via pm

Ah, I see...it looked like a public post because of the quoted part from MrMac84. Ok, leave it with me for now & I'll review the case.

I quite clearly questioned his decision via PRIVATE MESSAGE and got no reply to my questions so why should I be the one that has to go writing to him again???

Ah, I see...it looked like a public post because of the quoted part from MrMac84. Ok, leave it with me for now & I'll review the case.

Thank you very much for your time

Ok, apologies for the delay since yesterday. I've had a look over the thread in question & reviewed the posts in context. For a while I was wondering what the fuss was about because you seemed to be handling things fine, up until I got these these posts:
    modo85 wrote:
    he questioned me because I slated giggs and at the end I threw a nice little rod out for forlans manager to nibble on (which turns out to be you) and you took the bait hook line and sinker
    - Link
    modo85 wrote:
    Here fishy fishy fishy
    Link
    I was simply out fishing for a wee nibble and couldn't believe my eyes when I seen all the fish I caught. And people said this thread was dieing ;)
    Post deleted by moderator

You're plain as day admitting in these posts that you posted something for a reaction. Through your 'fishing', which can also be called baiting, you succeeded in provoking an emotional/inflammatory response from another user(s). This is open & shut, the decision stands. However, after discussing this with the moderator, we've agreed to offer you a reduced ban to one week instead (so it'll be ending on the 19th as you've served a few days of it by now). If you agree to this, please advise...and just keep in mind that the likes of 'fishing', or baiting among users is generally dealt with by way of moderator action. You're well capable of contributing to the forum, which I've seen for myself, so keep that side if it up :)

If you don't agree to this, you may request a further review by an Administrator.

Ok, apologies for the delay since yesterday. I've had a look over the thread in question & reviewed the posts in context. For a while I was wondering what the fuss was about because you seemed to be handling things fine, up until I got these these posts:

- Link

Link

Post deleted by moderator

You're plain as day admitting in these posts that you posted something for a reaction. Through your 'fishing', which can also be called baiting, you succeeded in provoking an emotional/inflammatory response from another user(s). This is open & shut, the decision stands. However, after discussing this with the moderator, we've agreed to offer you a reduced ban to one week instead (so it'll be ending on the 19th as you've served a few days of it by now). If you agree to this, please advise...and just keep in mind that the likes of 'fishing', or baiting among users is generally dealt with by way of moderator action. You're well capable of contributing to the forum, which I've seen for myself, so keep that side if it up :)

If you don't agree to this, you may request a further review by an Administrator.[/quote

But my post was not inflammatory. So your saying I'm banned for saying "all I need now is forlans manager to leap to his defense". Do you know you can be brought to court for "trolling". Imagine I was brought to court for saying this. This is clear as day a joke nothing serious. What he said was clearly worse. He called me a bollox and a troll. I will except on condition he is banned aswell.

But my post was not inflammatory. So your saying I'm banned for saying "all I need now is forlans manager to leap to his defense".

No, that's not what I'm saying. Read my reply again please.
    What he said was clearly worse. He called me a bollox and a troll. I will except on condition he is banned aswell.

The DRP isn't here to discuss the behavior of other users, however, just because you can't see any evidence of action taken against other users doesn't mean there hasn't been any. Do you accept the offer of a reduced ban, or would you like an Admin review?

No, that's not what I'm saying. Read my reply again please.

The DRP isn't here to discuss the behavior of other users, however, just because you can't see any evidence of action taken against other users doesn't mean there hasn't been any. Do you accept the offer of a reduced ban, or would you like an Admin review?

Yes quite clearly it is wot your saying.. I'm banned for "baiting" and what was the bait - " all I need is forlans manager leaping to his defense" . How is that inflammatory. There is a low scale of fishing and an extreme end and this is clearly at the very very bottom and shouldn't warrant a ban, a warning wud have be more fair as I didn't think that i was harming anyone I was simply have a laugh.

as I didn't think that i was harming anyone I was simply have a laugh.

You might find it funny to wind others up, but by definition it's trolling. Would you like an Admin review?

You might find it funny to wind others up, but by definition it's trolling. Would you like an Admin review?

Yes I do. Don't even attempt to say that is trolling. It is a joke, check the dictionary for joke and for trolling. As I said before you can be brought to court for trolling, the judge would laugh at this case if I was brought for "trolling" and would 100 % say its not trolling

Yes I do.

No probs, I'll ask an admin to look at it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I have no idea where you're getting the idea that you can be brought to court for trolling.

I thought the offer to reduce the ban was fair, but you rejected it, so the original ban stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement