Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with where to look

Options
  • 13-05-2014 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

I'm in wexford currently renting a 3 bed house for 520 pm.. I want to move out of wexford and somewhere close enough but not too close. Our budget (myself and the girlfriend) is about 500-550 pm, I don't drive so I need somewhere I can walk to and from the shopping every week as well as other shops so it has to be a town.. Can anyone tell me the best place to look? I could search daft but I'd be searching everything and I won't have the eyes to look at a decent place if I spot one I'll be so fed up, any help appreciated

EDIT were expecting a baby in August so I need at least 2 bedrooms and big enough for all of us and baby stuff so small apartments won't do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

In fairness Grayfox you're the only one who should be doing the searching, you have to live there and people can't exactly give you recommendations based on your post.

Wexford is a big place and there are numerous factors to take into account - saying it most be a town isn't helpful to the forum users.
    Do you need access to public transport?
    Do you have to be near family?
    Work/education commuting?
    Hospital/Doctor requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

In fairness Grayfox you're the only one who should be doing the searching, you have to live there and people can't exactly give you recommendations based on your post.

Wexford is a big place and there are numerous factors to take into account - saying it most be a town isn't helpful to the forum users.
    Do you need access to public transport?
    Do you have to be near family?
    Work/education commuting?
    Hospital/Doctor requirements?

I didn't want anyone to do searching, I was asking if anyone had heard of anything :)

Yes, but not a lot
    Doesn't bother me
    No, I don't work and I'd pick a job close to me
    Any doctor will do

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

If you are not working will you be looking for somewhere that takes rent allowance?

It would be nice, but not essential.. I can't really be choosy about it since most landlords won't take it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    I want to move out of wexford and somewhere close enough but not too close.

What would you regard as "close enough"?

IMHO Ireland is a very small country, and pretty much everywhere is close, except perhaps the far end of Co Donegal. Looking on Daft, I see properties in your price range in Ballinasloe, Loughrea, Tuam ...

If you're looking for work, then perhaps you need to find a job first, and then find a house in that location?

• Advertisement

What would you regard as "close enough"?

IMHO Ireland is a very small country, and pretty much everywhere is close, except perhaps the far end of Co Donegal. Looking on Daft, I see properties in your price range in Ballinasloe, Loughrea, Tuam ...

If you're looking for work, then perhaps you need to find a job first, and then find a house in that location?

But are they towns? And where are they? I'll take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, they are all towns in County Galway. The places I saw listed say they are within walking distance of the town, which I assume means walking distance of the supermarket.

But really my point is that there are towns like that all over the country. You really need to to think about:

1) where you can get work, and
    2) what is really close-enough to your family etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

If you don't have a work reference landlords will need assurance that you will get rent allowance or several months rent in advance. Do you have several thousand to had out in one go?

Well that's never happened before... They only ever asked for the months deposit... I show my bank statements with my weeks payment gone in

Advertisement