Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed hdd to new comp and now wont boot XP

Options
  • 13-05-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi, my xp computer failed today,
    I changed my harddrive into another xp computer (removed the harddrive that was in it and replaced it with mine) now when I turn it on it gets to the option screen safe boot, etc and at the bottom it has start windows normally! no mater what option I pick it will not boot :-( it just restarts, I think it is an issue with the drivers :-(
    I have an xp install cd and I loaded it and pressed r for repair but it is like a dos menu I don't know what to do,
    I cant just reinstall the opp sys as their are programs I use for work on it that I can not get a copy of again and I need to keep them working,
    Can anyone help?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Boot from the CD. Choose install and it should give you the option to repair the existing installation. If it doesn't then exit without installing.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Thetruthking

FSL wrote: »
    Boot from the CD. Choose install and it should give you the option to repair the existing installation. If it doesn't then exit without installing.

hi I did that but it does not give me the option to repair

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Thetruthking

got it sorted! went in via recovery console and set up the bootcfg correctly!

Advertisement