Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Sports Experiences - Gift Ideas Help

Options
  • 13-05-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I want to get my boyfriend a voucher for a driving experience of some kind but 100 euro is my absolute MAX budget and even then it's stretching it.

I found an off-road driving experience for 99 euro at Killashee, Kildare, Pro Drift Academy Experience for 99 euro at Mondello Park or a half day of stunt driving at Precision Driving School for 80 euro.

Has anyone any experience of these? Are they any good? Which one would be the most enjoyable? He's the kind of person who likes to do things himself so wouldn't really enjoy being a passenger in a stunt drive or anything like that, he'd like to get as hands on as possible.

If anyone has any ideas for reasonably priced rally experiences too that'd be great! I can't find any at my price point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,352 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

In my opinion, at around €100, he will get a very limited experience.
    Great idea and personally I love anything like that but I think it needs about 200 quid to get to a reasonable driving day.
    Ive done the single seater driving at mondello and that was good but a fair bit more cash than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

mickdw wrote: »
    In my opinion, at around €100, he will get a very limited experience.
    Great idea and personally I love anything like that but I think it needs about 200 quid to get to a reasonable driving day.
    Ive done the single seater driving at mondello and that was good but a fair bit more cash than that.

Thanks for the advice. I'm a bit stumped in that case as I really can't afford anything more than that. :( I want to get him a fun experience of some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Go for the off road experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yeah, another vote for the off-road. I did it recently and you get plenty of seat time. Great fun.

Did you do it in Killashee? Thanks for the votes on that guys, that's what I'm leaning towards too! I assume you go through some cool terrain and can go at speed? If I do book that, can I ride along with him or must I book it for two in that case? Thanks so much for the help!

• Advertisement

Did you do it in Killashee? Thanks for the votes on that guys, that's what I'm leaning towards too! I assume you go through some cool terrain and can go at speed? If I do book that, can I ride along with him or must I book it for two in that case? Thanks so much for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

What Lightning said.
    Yeah, I did it at Kilashee. Website says no passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Even though off road is slower it feels pretty fast going anything over 30kph when there's no road to follow.

It's a pity the go kart tracks don't do some sort of track experience in one of their race spec karts. That would be well worth the money and shouldn't cost too much.

Advertisement