Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar 10 double feed

• 13-05-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Ok im not a noob at tech work, but for the life of me i cant seem to fix my bar 10's double feed issue, i have read online and still no clear fixes, wondering if anyone had the same issue and a simple or any sort of fix? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Im going to guess it to be the mag.Its more than likely the little guide that releases the bbs into the chamber.Had similar problem on a vsr and replaced springs.Try a bit of silicone oil first might just be sticking a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

brenak47 wrote: »
    Im going to guess it to be the mag.Its more than likely the little guide that releases the bbs into the chamber.Had similar problem on a vsr and replaced springs.Try a bit of silicone oil first might just be sticking a bit.

assuming that was my VSR :o:P

It may also be the inside of the barrel. There's a little 'platform' I guess you can call it that get's push down by the air nozzle as you push the bolt forward. It;s mainly there to stop BB's falling into the space where the bolt guides into but this may be causing double feeding although I'd say it's what Bren said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

T4RGET wrote: »
    assuming that was my VSR :o:P

It may also be the inside of the barrel. There's a little 'platform' I guess you can call it that get's push down by the air nozzle as you push the bolt forward. It;s mainly there to stop BB's falling into the space where the bolt guides into but this may be causing double feeding although I'd say it's what Bren said

Possibly could lol :P

And i think its a number of issues all leading up to the double feed, the cylinder is a little off centre, i think that black piece is a bit worn too, and the mag could also be the problem, im going to tinker around with everything and see i i can sort it, i was planning on putting an expensive hop up unit in but im not sure if it would solve my issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

matty1994 wrote: »
    Possibly could lol :P

And i think its a number of issues all leading up to the double feed, the cylinder is a little off centre, i think that black piece is a bit worn too, and the mag could also be the problem, im going to tinker around with everything and see i i can sort it, i was planning on putting an expensive hop up unit in but im not sure if it would solve my issue

an expensive hop up will likely not solve anything, especially if it's a mag issue.
    If the VSR Bren is talking about is mine then it was a JG Bar 10 gutted and all internals replaced with TM ones. The original TM VSR which they came out of were replaced using PDI stuff - bolt, hop up chamber and trigger box, all PDI. Both rifles never fired perfectly for a long time until recently and in fact the PDI hop up caused a lot of problems for a while.

So although the gear works when properly installed etc it can break or go wrong just as quick as a china clone :rolleyes:

Best bet is to identify the area and work from there but I think Bren is right, think it's the mags

Advertisement