Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips on how to get through a DIT interview?

Options
  • 13-05-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I just got an email to say I have secured an interview for next week, but I have heard that these types of interviews are extremely tough, and I am kind of hit and miss when it comes to interviews.

Can anyone tell me:

Roughly, how long the interview will be? (I know there is probably no set time, but because it mentioned that there will be a lot of interviews taking place, so I presume maybe they will be short).

And do Leaving Cert results count towards getting a place for mature students? (I know a friend who went to them in Aungier Street for Human Resources last year and the interviewer said their leaving cert results were a disaster and told them that their Level 5 won't be enough)

My Leaving results were not exactly spectacular but I have taken education and work more seriously as an adult, so am hoping that will count for something.

Plus do I bring a CV? (I will be bringing it anyway, but just wondered if it is wanted by them?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Bring your Leaving Certificate results, plus any other educational material you have such as certs you may have done in a previous course or in a previous employment. This can help show both an improved attitude to study and that you have continued to learn.

May I ask what course you are applying for as there may be others on here who can help you answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Martyy

Take a look at the course (to mention interesting modules would be grand). You have to show them, that you know were you are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

I interviewed for two different courses, so with different people for DIT - Business & Management, and Marketing.

Don't worry at all - the main things they both asked me were about commitment to the course - did I have the time, understand the course itself, prepared to work with younger people etc etc; and then about my experience, why I wanted to go to college, what I'd done since my Leaving Cert. The only mention of my LC results was because accounting was in one course, and they seemed happy apart from that.

Both interviews gave me the thumbs up before I left, and got conditional offers within a few days and I'm in the middle of second year exams now! So study up on the course content, and after that you'll be fine. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The biggest tip I can give you is know the course your applying for and why you are applying for it . I would also recommend if you have held a job at a place for more then 3 years let them know . It shows that you are commited to doing or staying for 3 years . Another question that cropped up is why you want to return to college now . I would have an answer ready for that .

Advertisement