Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Payback 2014 PPV Pre Show & Live thread *Spoilers*

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Dominant. HHH vs Reigns in the future.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just thinking... whats stopping Orton and Batista just staying and fighting?

Think they were keeping with the old Survivor Series mentality. You're eliminated, you're gone. Good point though, considering it was No Holds Barred.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Weird auld match

Incredibly flat crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Great way to book that match imo.

All three guys get put over. Bravo.

Thumbs up show overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Not a bad PPV considering the buildup. Some really good matches tonight but the only real surprise was The Shield's clean sweep.

Great show!! I really enjoyed that. Looking forward to Raw tomorrow and seeing where they go with Bryan and the fallout of Cena vs Wyatt/Evolution and Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Good show, not great. A decent episode of Raw as someone said. The six-man was quite underwhelming. Didn't seem to have much of a structure to it. Brawling and spotz either side of a trad tag match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I do like that all the members of the Shield got a pin in, I'd half expected WWE to have Reigns pin all 3.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    I do like that all the members of the Shield got a pin in, I'd half expected WWE to have Reigns pin all 3.

Triple H/Levesque playing a rib on Meltzer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Will shed a tear when the Shield disband.

http://www.24wrestling.com/photo-stephanie-pissed-brie-bella-quit-wwe/

I noticed this myself, but thought nothing of it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I really like how they set the match up to negate the idea that Evolution ever lost; they looked outright demi-gods in terms of dominance down the stretch, and more than a little evoking The Shield's breakout work at TLC 2012 in terms of numbers. Proper air of gloom 'til Rollins pulls off that mental leap and the cementing of the new kings begun a-proper.

Just brilliant. They flirted with a couple of expectations en route, with Reigns getting isolated in the spotlight, teasing the assumed Superman run, and then Hunter nipping out the hammer once it came down to 3-on-1.

F**kin' A all-round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

IanMc666 wrote: »

She looked very sweaty moreso than incontinent. Like a Mayo man in Ibiza.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kdave2

I preferred the Shield before they lost to Punk...And in a few months they managed to knock off evolution 3-0...who wrote the script on that one

• Advertisement

Don't think its wee as it is in a straight line. There was a weird seam on the back of her dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Good show, not great. A decent episode of Raw as someone said. The six-man was quite underwhelming. Didn't seem to have much of a structure to it. Brawling and spotz either side of a trad tag match.
    I think you are being very harsh on the show. Definitely more than a decent episode of Raw, had a real feel of a PPV which is rare as it wasn't one of the big three (WM, RR and SS).

Highlights for me
    * 6-man tag match just stole the show. Awesome
    * Sheamus vs Cesaro was a great match. Sheamus is so good and get's such a hard time. Great to see a mid-card title get so much love as well.
    * Wyatt vs Cena. Really good match, best of the 3 so far even if it was the wrong ending.)
    * That slap!

Alright
    *Paige vs Fox. Good match, nothing special
    *BNB vs RVD. Barrett looked good but RVD just needs to go away. I cannot give a single f*ck about him
    *Rhodes Brothers vs Rybaxel. Pretty good match!

The Bad
    * Rusev vs Big E. BOOOOORRRRRIING! (Apart from that wicked kick by Rusev on Big E!)
    * Kane coming out and attacking Kofi Really? That's how you keep him relevant?

Great pic:
    BpGNSr1CQAAxQul.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Cesaro Seamus was my match of the night, really great, stiff and well paced. Wyatt/Cena was excellent until the Usos came in, I loathe everything about them.

Not as good as Extreme Rules but still a decent show I thought.

Will be interesting as a few feuds should have ended tonight so Raw could be a bit fresher than it's been for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I eagerly await Cena coming out all smiles having overcome such odds yet again, said nobody ever.

• Advertisement

Wyatt getting lamped with the steps was the most brutal spot I've seen in ages!

Palo Alto wrote: »

iG2IlWuxYyR1J.gif
    FakeWeightyBurro.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I really didn't give a toss about "Superstars" level Usos but since they've got the rub off Cena I found myself looking them ten times more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Palo Alto wrote: »

He took it like a champ as well, good ppv all round really. NXT is paying off big time with how many stars it's made currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Is this worth watching? Might just wait and see it through Raw.

That Steph CM Punk line..brilliant. :D

Anyone watch the post show on the WWE Network yet?

tumblr_n6j1warwOp1qh0kauo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

rovert wrote: »
    Anyone watch the post show on the WWE Network yet?

tumblr_n6j1warwOp1qh0kauo1_500.gif

"Its a pity that's a line already on a t shirt"
    It was gas. Ambrose is just made for things like this.

Deadlie wrote: »
    "Its a pity that's a line already on a t shirt"
    It was gas. Ambrose is just made for things like this.

Rollins is made for the Marine 5

i48X5grlsn6xt.gif

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That scene reminded me of the opening sequence of Season 2 of Breaking Bad where the Mexican twins and all the villagers are all doing the pilgrimage crawl in the desert town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched it again and was the sound off during the main event ? I mean mic under the ring that picks up the sound had an echo off it and you could hear the guys in the ring talking to each other which you don't normally hear but you know they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He came out in some seriously funky blue attire. Sleeves n' all.

On twitter
    Dave Bautista @DaveBautista
    6 guys go 2 war and beat the **** out of each other and what do the genius smarks walk away with?"Batista wore blue!What a loser!" #dip****s

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Butthurt Batista calling out fans because of his ring gear, in all fairness he should've chosen better ring gear.

10426661_871632939517839_4717449818889930592_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Batista's Twitter reactions are consistent with those Kanye West as depicted in South Park: sense of humour bypass, mixed with an absolute absence of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I used to have a create a wrestler with the exact same gear as bluetista. Sleeves and everything!

I used to have a create a wrestler with the exact same gear as bluetista. Sleeves and everything!

You're my boy, blue!

Raw spoiler
    Does last night's swerve sully the six-man match for anyone? It does for me a bit. Why bother doing the New Jack dive off the screen!

Raw spoilers brah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Raw spoiler
    Does last night's swerve sully the six-man match for anyone? It does for me a bit. Why bother doing the New Jack dive off the screen!
    They did kind of a weird delayed handshake after the win. Between Reigns and Rollins IIRC. Could easily start an angle where he felt his efforts were wasted in the Shield.

Payback Meltzer ratings:

El Torito/Hornswoggle **1/2
    Sheamus/Cesaro ***1/4
    Rybaxel/Brotherhood **1/4
    Rusev/Big E *1/4
    Barrett/RVD **½
    Cena/Wyatt LMS ****½
    Paige/Fox **
    Shield/Evolution ****

Really need to re-watch the Main Event and Cena/Wyatt. The latter I've no problem with but the I felt The Shield match was longer than Mass. :(

And while on the subject of ratings. NXT Takeover:
    Rose/Camacho *1/4
    Ascension/Kalisto & El Local *1/4
    Zayn/Breeze ***½
    Charlotte/Natalya ****
    Neville/Kidd ***½

No problem with the rating for the Divas match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll be honest, the LMS didn't do it for me at all. I've seen way better out of Cena and just felt it dragged in places. I always feel Bray/Cena should have better chemistry than they do, but once they start fighting, I get really bored, really quickly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll be honest, the LMS didn't do it for me at all. I've seen way better out of Cena and just felt it dragged in places. I always feel Bray/Cena should have better chemistry than they do, but once they start fighting, I get really bored, really quickly....

Cena is definitely capable of great matches, but he couldn't carry one. Needs a performer like Punk or Bryan who put on those matches with ease.

Wyatt isn't capable of those sort of matches. You could put a yet on the end of that sentence and it wouldn't be entirely wrong, but it might be a bit optimistic at the same time.

Dave seems to think that this was best Last Man Standing match of all time. Better than Jericho vs Triple H. Better than John Cena vs Umaga. :eek: Been overtired the past few weeks so maybe I underrated Bray/Cena but I don't think so at all.

rovert wrote: »
    Dave seems to think that this was best Last Man Standing match of all time. Better than Jericho vs Triple H. Better than John Cena vs Umaga. :eek: Been overtired the past few weeks so maybe I underrated Bray/Cena but I don't think so at all.

He gave Jericho vs H ****1/2. Of course as he often points out, reviewing/rating matches depends on the context at the time they take place and standards 14yrs ago and today are different. Although, I find he can often be a little high on some gimmick matches and LMS is one of them - eg. ***1/2 for Cena vs Ryback last year. The Fully Loaded 2000 match is probably the only WWE LMS I really enjoy on repeat viewings. Jericho was pretty hot at the time and the match itself had such a fast pace to it when these matches can suffer from from an awkward pace due to the counting.

****1/2 for Cena vs Wyatt is a bit high for me. If I had to rate it, I would be maybe in the high three stars range. The feud has been rubbish at points and the outside interference whilst being fun did sort of detract from the concept and kind of became last men[/] standing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't know if many follow Noah Antwiller, aka Spoony, but some of his tweets made me lol in relation to the PPV.

Watching Payback.
    Cena: When you follow the buzzards, what do you really believe in? This is what I believe in.
    *holds up his merchandise*

Hah, and just as he steps out on the ramp for his match, Cena makes sure to stop, look at the camera, and hold up his new towel for sale.

Here's the insidious subtext of Cena's fandom: it's Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect (TM) on overpriced junk. It's not a belief, it's on sale.

Also....

I'd love it if Bo Dallas' self-help program is really just a secret indoctrination technique for Bray Wyatt's cult. #FollowTheBOzzards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When Kane interrupted Bo's match, I thought it was just Kane about to get more Anger Management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I got bored of Spoony about 4 years ago. He does nothing for me anymore.

Advertisement