Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when is the wrong time to pull out of an sale

Options
  • 14-05-2014 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, I have had a bit of a situation, I verbally agreed to buy a house, handshake, no deposit, with owner directly. After a month of my solicitor contacting by letter, phone and fax, requesting contracts I decided to look elsewhere and found something I liked. I pulled out of the deal, (my solicitor wrote to the vendors solicitor) and the vendors contract crossed over in the post. I sent him a text, letting him know that my solicitor had contacted his and that I would no longer be buying the property. I have had a number of texts which are quite abusive, and upsetting. The property I am looking to buy is in the same small town and am frankly a bit worried about bumping into him. I do feel bad and upset that he is so upset,,, so what I am saying is 1. I would recommend always going via an estate agent, not good to get personnel, and 2. have other people pulled out of buying without deposit paid, nothing signed with only verbal agreement and experienced anything like this or this kind of kick back??

Comments

Advertisement