Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Dropout

Options
  • 14-05-2014 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi I have recently decided to drop out of college, due to lack of motivation to complete my ARTS course. I regretted choosing Arts and after struggling through two years I am packing it in because I just can't see it going anywhere. I am thinking about applying to get a work visa for Canada now but I am not really sure what my next move is. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

I've had a few experiences where I wanted to change direction, and staying employed/ busy/ in touch while looking into new areas led me to the next thing I did each time.

Fair play for giving your course two years, can't say you didn't try. Now you know an Arts degree isn't for you :-)

I think it can take some time to hit on what you enjoy doing.
    Working abroad is a great idea IMHO, a great way to get perspective and be exposed to new ideas and directions.
    Can't say I know a whole lot about Canada though.

Advertisement