Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raspbmc totally messed up since Gotham update

• 14-05-2014 7:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm running Raspbmc (SD card and USB for speed) - since the auto-update the other night, I'm getting white noise all the time and video is jerky and messed up.

Did some research and people suggested reinstalling on the SD card using putty. But I'm getting a Connection Refused error. I know the IP is correct (192.168.192.53) and I have checked it many times and the iPad remote is still working.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Sounds like the ssh daemon isn't running either then. Honestly it might be easier to blank the sd card and start from scratch, but if you have a lot of customization and want to try getting it working, then you could try firstly checking the settings to make sure ssh is enabled, and after that hooking up a usb keyboard and trying to manually start dropbear from a terminal prompt (which if I remember correctly, you can get to by exiting xbmc from the shutdown menu).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

As the title suggests, I'm running Raspbmc (SD card and USB for speed) - since the auto-update the other night, I'm getting white noise all the time and video is jerky and messed up.

Did some research and people suggested reinstalling on the SD card using putty. But I'm getting a Connection Refused error. I know the IP is correct (192.168.192.53) and I have checked it many times and the iPad remote is still working.

Any suggestions?

I tried updating my Pi (running Openelec) to Gotham and got noise on the audio channel, until some audio came through from what was playing.
    As soon as the play stopped the noise was again present.

I had done the update manually ...... only replacing the SYSTEM and Kernel files which caused the problem.

IIRC I had to also copy the new elf file to the card and then all was goodness and light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I had the white noise issue too, but I (somehow) solved that and that's when the jerky audio started. I'm going to try a few things again tonight and then I think it's time to nuke and start over. :(

I'll let you know what I did if I end up fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jackielii

Hi all, I think updating the firmware seems to fix it.

run vcgencmd version, I had output:
    Oct 17 2014 18:00:02
    Copyright 2012 Broadcom
    version 845092531e360acd37f2f1964157f8079c77edfb (clean) (release)

On how to upgrade firmware:
    github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update

Advertisement