Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre speed increase help

Options
  • 14-05-2014 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for help please, I got eFibre installed last week and am delighted with the service but would like to get my speed increased.  I'm currently on a 50Mb profile but told by Eircom tech my line is capable of 100Mb.  I rang tech support on Sat and they increased the speed and was told to wait up to an hour for the increase which never happened, rang back Sat afternoon and was told the upgrade was in progress and could take a day or two but would be there by Tue.
    Rang back this morning as still on 50Mb and had to go through the whole thing again (quality of the tech support agent was poor) and was promised the increase again but this hasn't happened.

Could I please ask or one of the eircom mods to look into this for me and came back with an explanation as to whats going on and when I can expect to get the speed increased?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jspuds wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for help please, I got eFibre installed last week and am delighted with the service but would like to get my speed increased.  I'm currently on a 50Mb profile but told by Eircom tech my line is capable of 100Mb.  I rang tech support on Sat and they increased the speed and was told to wait up to an hour for the increase which never happened, rang back Sat afternoon and was told the upgrade was in progress and could take a day or two but would be there by Tue.
    Rang back this morning as still on 50Mb and had to go through the whole thing again (quality of the tech support agent was poor) and was promised the increase again but this hasn't happened.

Could I please ask or one of the eircom mods to look into this for me and came back with an explanation as to whats going on and when I can expect to get the speed increased?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    J
    Hi jspuds

No worries, If you can PM me your eircom account number I'll request technical support to look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Thanks Alan, sent PM

Thanks Alan, sent PM
    Hi jspuds

Thanks for that, I've raised this to technical support and now await feedback, as soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan, sent PM

Hi jspuds

I've been assured by a member of efibre support that he has manually completed the upgrade and you should notice a speed increase by 6 o'clock today.

Let me know how it goes [img=10x14]file:///d:\userdata\cowzera\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif[/img]

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan, sent PM

Hi jspuds

I've been assured by a member of efibre support that he has manually completed the upgrade and you should notice a speed increase by 6 o'clock today.

Let me know how it goes [img=10x14]file:///d:\userdata\cowzera\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif[/img]

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, I'll let you know how it goes

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan, sent PM

Hi jspuds

Thanks
    Al
    No worries jspuds

Al

Thanks Alan, sent PM

Hi jspuds

Thanks
    Al
    No worries jspuds

Al
    Still on 50Mb, could you please chase up tomorrow?

Hi Al, modem just disconnected and then reconnected @ 92Mb:D 
    However just ran a few speedtests and cannot get over 50Mb.  This is run from a wired connection and not wireless.  Tried a few different speedtests including the Eircom one.
    Interestingly my neighbour who got his eFibre same day as me is having the same problem.  He is connected @ 100Mb but only get 50Mb from speedtests.  According to tech support his problem is a profile issue.

Would you mind looking into this for me?

Regards
    J

Seems to be working now as getting the full speed on speedtests, thank you all for your help Al.

Seems to be working now as getting the full speed on speedtests, thank you all for your help Al.
    No worries at all jspuds

Glad I could help :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement