Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How accurate are efibre times on eircom website

Options
  • 14-05-2014 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm just checking something. I recently moved house and was waiting in order to get evision. The time given for my locality for efibre and evision to become available was May 14. This has since changed to June 14.

I understand that these are just estimates but I suppose I'm wondering about the accuracy of them. I'm not sure whether to continue waiting to get evision or just sign up for Sky/UPC. 

Do the estimates keep getting pushed back indefinitely?
    Or should I expect that June is now an accurate estimate or will it become July, then August etc. 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ash23 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm just checking something. I recently moved house and was waiting in order to get evision. The time given for my locality for efibre and evision to become available was May 14. This has since changed to June 14.

I understand that these are just estimates but I suppose I'm wondering about the accuracy of them. I'm not sure whether to continue waiting to get evision or just sign up for Sky/UPC. 

Or should I expect that June is now an accurate estimate or will it become July, then August etc. 

Thanks

Hi ash23

Thanks for your post, I can fully understand any concern on this matter and while I can confirm that the dates advised should be met there will sometimes be delays which cannot be predicted and changes to the advised dates may happen -  as a result these dates really should be treated as an indication rather than a definitive timeframe.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

ash23 wrote: »
    In my experience yes, I am currently in my 7th month of being told that it will be done in that month. Every month about halfway through the month it changes to the next month.

Hi GarIT

Feel free to raise any queries with me if you wish :) I may not always be able to offer you good news but I can assure you I can offer you the most accurate information surround this.

If you want, feel free to PM me your address today and I'll look in to this for you :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Don't hold your breath. Eircom are constantly pushing it back. I think we've been pushed back 5 times already and seen as we are due it "July 2014" we must be due another push back soon.

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath. Eircom are constantly pushing it back. I think we've been pushed back 5 times already and seen as we are due it "July 2014" we must be due another push back soon.
    Hi Ah-Watch

Sorry to hear the bad news on the delays, let me know if there is anything I can help with...

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Any idea if Roscrea is going live in July or is it going to change again ? And if it is going live in July when can a customer normally order it before the go live date

Any idea if Roscrea is going live in July or is it going to change again ? And if it is going live in July when can a customer normally order it before the go live date

Hi Ah-Watch

Yes the scheduled date is July - this timeframe should be met however my best advice is to treat this as an indication rather that a definitive launch date as delays can happen - I cannot tell for now if this will be delayed as unforeseen circumstances can occur.

Orders will not be able to be taken until efibre has successfully launched in your area.

Al

Do eircom not allow you book an appointment with "Ready to Order" date just before they launch fibre in an area. I thought Vodafone did in like maybe two weeks before fibre launches in certain exchanges?

Do eircom not allow you book an appointment with "Ready to Order" date just before they launch fibre in an area. I thought Vodafone did in like maybe two weeks before fibre launches in certain exchanges?

Hi Ah-Watch

Unfortunately not, but there is an option to register your details and you will be contacted when efibre launched in your area :)

Here it is : https://secure.eircom.net/fibre/eoi

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Can anyone tell me how long, on average, it takes from e-fibre being available in my area, to being available at my address?
    It has been available in my area for about a month now. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Slick50 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long, on average, it takes from e-fibre being available in my area, to being available at my address?
    Hi Slick50

While an area may have been upgraded to efibre and may be reflected on the coverage map I can confirm that not all locations in that area will be upgraded right away as works are set to continue in to the future. Some locations in a launched are may be done before others so if you would like to PM me your specific address I will look in to the plans and try to offer you a timeframe.

Thanks

Al

Hi Slick50

While an area may have been upgraded to efibre and may be reflected on the coverage map I can confirm that not all locations in that area will be upgraded right away as works are set to continue in to the future. Some locations in a launched are may be done before others so if you would like to PM me your specific address I will look in to the plans and try to offer you a timeframe.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al, PM sent.

Hi Slick50

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al, PM sent.
    Apologies for the delays Slick50

I was not available yesterday however I will follow up today and should have more news a little later on :)

Al

Thanks for the PM Al, you forgot to include the good news though. Four months?

Hi Slick50

No worries, yes while it's not available to your specific area yet there definitely are plans to have this available by late August/early September. I suppose the good news is that it will be available in the near future.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Slick50

No worries, yes while it's not available to your specific area yet there definitely are plans to have this available by late August/early September. I suppose the good news is that it will be available in the near future.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan, no sign of E-fibre yet. Any updates on the revised schedule?

Advertisement