Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You could still play it on an Irish account though. You'd just have to download it using a UK account is all and set it as the primary account on the PS4 along with your usual account.

Shadow of Mordor (Steam code) going fairly cheap on Amazon US

http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-Shadow-Mordor-Pc/dp/B00GMFKYGW

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Anyone know what the shipping rates are like on games from amazon US?

vlad2009 wrote: »

If you dummy up an order you will see (don't confirm the purchase)

Mind though that the above was for a digital download

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

steam codes are on your amazon account, no delivery needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I'm looking to get metro redux on the cheap, I would like a digital copy but it seems the Amazon one is a physical copy

edit: keep forgetting to mention its for xbox 1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm looking to get metro redux on the cheap, I would like a digital copy but it seems the Amazon one is a physical copy

edit: keep forgetting to mention its for xbox 1

http://www.zavvi.com/xbox-one-games/metro-redux/10962542.html
    There you are, €26.85 including shipping. Their shipping is a bit slow but they usually have good prices.

Edit: On a digital copy you won't get a better price than what is currently available on the US store unless it pops up on deal of the week. That is one of the problems with a closed system as you are stuck with the prices on the Marketplace for digital content.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest 3DS XL?
    Harvey Norman's have it for 197.99 but no games come with it.
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/nintendo-ds/nintendo-3ds-xl-black-and-silver-console.html

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest 3DS XL?
    Harvey Norman's have it for 197.99 but no games come with it.
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/nintendo-ds/nintendo-3ds-xl-black-and-silver-console.html

Unless its a Christmas present, I wouldn't buy a 3DS at the moment.

There are new models being released early next year with a second analogue stick, two extra buttons, a bit more processing power, a better screen and an NFC reader for Amiibo compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Yea it is a Christmas present and early next year seems like a bad time to release a new model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

Unless its a Christmas present, I wouldn't buy a 3DS at the moment.

There are new models being released early next year with a second analogue stick, two extra buttons, a bit more processing power, a better screen and an NFC reader for Amiibo compatibility.

And a whole new subset of games, one confirmed is the Xenoblade port from wii to it.
    Rumours of a new zelda too, super early in development.

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Yea it is a Christmas present and early next year seems like a bad time to release a new model.

Agreed, bit mad that the new model is only available this year in Japan and Australia. Would pick up an Aus model(100% identical to the EU model inc eShop access) only the shipping is expensive then having customs on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Agreed, bit mad that the new model is only available this year in Japan and Australia. Would pick up an Aus model(100% identical to the EU model inc eShop access) only the shipping is expensive then having customs on top of it.

Maybe 365games.co.uk will ship one to Parcelmotel? No customs that way.

abbir wrote: »
    Maybe 365games.co.uk will ship one to Parcelmotel? No customs that way.

Yeah, go here. Its around €220 for the new model XL from them. You can get it before Christmas for the present and its the same price as the old model here.

http://www.365games.co.uk/search/new+3ds/sort-relevance

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Lads, could anyone tell me where to get a Blue Wireless PS3 controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

€399.99 for a PS4 with FIFA 15, The Crew & The Last Of Us in Argos. Pretty good price if you ask me!

QU5abMT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Yeah, go here. Its around €220 for the new model XL from them. You can get it before Christmas for the present and its the same price as the old model here.

http://www.365games.co.uk/search/new+3ds/sort-relevance

Is there any drawbacks to getting this one?

marko93 wrote: »

Shouldn't be, its the Aus model and is compatible with the EU eShop and cartridges. Don't forget to get a charger if getting an XL as it isn't included.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

marko93 wrote: »

Seeing as it is brand new I doubt those cards that you need for piracy and home brew would work. Apart from that the new one is definitely the way to go. I doubt it will be too long before all the better games just support the new 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Thanks lads, already have an XL(which I plan to sell) just eying up an early present to myself :)

• Advertisement

Seeing as it is brand new I doubt those cards that you need for piracy and home brew would work. Apart from that the new one is definitely the way to go. I doubt it will be too long before all the better games just support the new 3DS.

cubic ninja and derivatives will work until they patch it.
    new 3ds' didn't ship with any new update, yet.
    Shouldn't be, its the Aus model and is compatible with the EU eShop and cartridges. Don't forget to get a charger if getting an XL as it isn't included.

is it really possible to go on the eu eshop (irish) from the australian 3ds'?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    cubic ninja and derivatives will work until they patch it.
    new 3ds' didn't ship with any new update, yet.

is it really possible to go on the eu eshop (irish) from the australian 3ds'?

Yes, just set your region to an EU country when setting it up and you will have access to the appropriate eShop.

Australians and New Zealanders do this themselves to get cheaper eShop games, or games that haven't been released in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yes, just set your region to an EU country when setting it up and you will have access to the appropriate eShop.

Australians and New Zealanders do this themselves to get cheaper eShop games, or games that haven't been released in Australia.

presume this is eligible for the smash/pokemon free game promotion?

sweetie wrote: »

Don't know if the AUS models come with an EU Club Nintendo card ehich would be required for that promotion.

Oh wow, I assumed NoAus would've realised that and only have region options like New Zealand and Aus.
    If I had some free money I'd def. go for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

sweetie wrote: »

It's not. Different Club Nintendo in Australia and I don't think the New 3DS comes with a registration code.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the Game Awards on tonight, Steam are doing a sale with nominated titles
    http://store.steampowered.com/sale/2014vgas/

Offer ends 8 December so maybe hold off and they might get cheaper if they win. Not sure if that will be the case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Metro Redux is 19.99 new in gamestop on ps4 and xbox one. Did not need another game, but could not leave it there at that price.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Metro Redux is 19.99 new in gamestop on ps4 and xbox one. Did not need another game, but could not leave it there at that price.

They have a few good deals atm. Escape Dead Island for €25 on 360 and PS3 and Murdered: Soul Suspect for €15 on the same formats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Advertisement