Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

putting up fence

Options
  • 14-05-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

woke up this morning to find a neighbour had thrown rubbish into our garden. it was a dirty nappy :mad: and im disgusted. but im not well at the minute and really not up to a confrontation. we have garden walls, i think about 6 ft tall. can i add wooden fence panels onto these to make it about 8ft? is there a limit on the height of back garden walls?

also is there any way i can find out who owns a house or if its rented without having to approach the people living there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭conorhal

PucaMama wrote: »
    woke up this morning to find a neighbour had thrown rubbish into our garden. it was a dirty nappy :mad: and im disgusted. but im not well at the minute and really not up to a confrontation. we have garden walls, i think about 6 ft tall. can i add wooden fence panels onto these to make it about 8ft? is there a limit on the height of back garden walls?

also is there any way i can find out who owns a house or if its rented without having to approach the people living there?

Would it not be more cost effective to shove that dirty nappy back through their letterbox? That's what I'd do.

As for finding out who's renting it. Check to see if the property is registered on the PTRB website, there might be contact details there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

conorhal wrote: »
    Would it not be more cost effective to shove that dirty nappy back through their letterbox? That's what I'd do.

As for finding out who's renting it. Check to see if the property is registered on the PTRB website, there might be contact details there.
    thanks, it probably would be :o but i just want peace

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Afaik, 2 meters is the limit on rear fence heights without permission. Though if they are throwing rubbish into your garden, making your fence a bit higher won't be much of a deterrent. Are you sure it was a deliberate act? If it was just a dirty nappy it could have been done by a fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

there was stones thrown before so our dogs were kept in a bit

Advertisement