Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of address

Options
  • 14-05-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Currently moving house. New address does exceed all security requirements.

Is it just a matter of filling out the fca 2 form for each firearm?

Also do I immediately inform the local station that I am changing storage location / address?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

I have moved house recently myself, I moved house first and then went to the local station with an fca2 form for each gun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As Tommy said fil out an FCA2 for each firearm (it's needed for record keeping) and then inform your new station that you have moved into the area and have firearms. It's not a prerequisite but i done this when i moved and it just lets them know that if a call out for a break in or something similar occurs to act quickly.

Your old station will be notified when you submit the FCA2s. They may send out the CPO to verify the new address is up to spec on security but you'll get notice of this.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks a million lads.

I'll contact the local station and inform them. FCA2 forms will be sent in as well.

Appreciate the advice.

Advertisement