Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda clearance / police certificate

Options
  • 14-05-2014 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Could somebody please explain to me where a police cert is required?

If I get a WHV will I need a police cert?

if I stay on and get sponsored in a job, will I need one then?

Do I need proof that i'm applying for a visa in order to get a police cert or can I just write to the vetting office here and request a police cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

You don't need one for a WHV.

IF you get sponsored, married, de facto, skilled visa to stay permanently then you will need one.

It's a simple affair. Write to your local superintendent at the station with your name, date of birth, copy of passport and list of addresses you've lived at in Ireland and say you are looking for a cert for whatever visa you are looking to attain and 3 weeks later you get your police cert.

All you have to do is give them a postage paid envelope with your address on it I think. It's been a while since I did mine.

All details here:

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

You don't need a police cert for a 457 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Could somebody please explain to me where a police cert is required?
    On a PR visa - usually
    If I get a WHV will I need a police cert?
    Unless you have a conviction
    if I stay on and get sponsored in a job, will I need one then?
    No again unless you have a conviction
    Do I need proof that i'm applying for a visa in order to get a police cert or can I just write to the vetting office here and request a police cert?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Keep in mind you are not looking for vetting. Vetting is only required if you are going for a job that requires police clearance, such as working with kids etc.

Garda clearance for a visa application is much quicker. Call your local garda station and explain to them that you need clearance for a visa. I had mine emailed out to me in about 2 days.

Advertisement