Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syncing my kindle

• 14-05-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

So I have a kindle and then the kindle app on my phone too. I cant get the the two to sync, however, I am wondering are the only books that will sync the ones I have bought from Amazon?
    Ive other books on my kindle bought elsewhere, not the amazon store, that I would like to sync to my phone. Is this possible??

Here it says I can send personal documents to my kindle
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200767340

But why do they not show up on my phone??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yep, pretty sure only Amazon books sync with Amazon apps/devices.

I've a very small minority of Amazon bought books on my Kindle, but they are still the only ones to show up in my Kindle app.

Dades wrote: »
    Yep, pretty sure only Amazon books sync with Amazon apps/devices.

I've a very small minority of Amazon bought books on my Kindle, but they are still the only ones to show up in my Kindle app.

All the books I've send to my kindle account (over 400) show up on my kindles and my kindle apps on two tablets.

Sideloaded books won't show up across devices, only those sent to you send-to-kindle address.

Never knew about that end-to-kindle email address. Interesting!

Dades wrote: »
    Never knew about that end-to-kindle email address. Interesting!

If you use Calibre you can email direct from there to your Kindle and it will automatically convert books to the Kindle mobi format first. Very handy. :)

I just used Calibre today! Great tool. Might try the mail option. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

+1 for calibre

Advertisement