Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House / Bedroom Clearout

Options
  • 14-05-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi all, wondering if any one can help, we are kind of renovating the house, clearing out a bit of old furniture, single beds, presses, few chairs and a couch nothing too hectic, a lot of it is quite dated now, for eg. i slept in the bed almost 20 years ago, condition of the furniture isnt bad at all been no one near them in recent times, have no problem firing them out into the dump but said I would put it up here if anyone is interested in taking them free gratis? ideally would rather give them to a charity or someone who has a need for them and doesnt intend on trying to make a quick buck?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

From their facebook page

Local Homeless Charity , South East Simon Community are organising a regional collection of unwanted small pieces of furniture which will be sold at our Community Charity Shop at Michael's Street in Waterford . We have a man with a van who will come and collect your unwanted smaller pieces of furniture eg. lockers, dressers, coffee tables etc. All donated furniture will be sold at our Community Charity Shop at Michael's Street in Waterford and all proceeds from the sale of these items will go towards the much needed provision of services provided by the South East Simon Community.
    (051) 311 155

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

thanks yumdeisemum i might try this out so!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

The Waterford Autism charity warehouse , behind McDonalds ,on the Cork Road, will also collect household items. They will take larger items, like beds , couches etc.
    Have used them twice and found the guys very good.

They have a second shop on Cork Road for bric a brac,clothes etc.

Phone 051 373838
    086 4004690

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

As much as I like the charity warehouse people must understand that they are a private (read: profit making) company who donate a percentage of their profits to a selected charity sorry to be all Groucho on this but I would opt for someone like the simon

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

As much as I like the charity warehouse people must understand that they are a private (read: profit making) company who donate a percentage of their profits to a selected charity sorry to be all Groucho on this but I would opt for someone like the simon

that is fair enough, bring burtally honest i dont care what they do with it, ideally the neediset get it but once its off my hands im easy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Do you know what percentage they donate?

Years ago I would buy certain Christmas cards every year because money was being donated to a particular charity. I found out later on they were donating only 1p per pack of cards.

Advertisement