Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Printer

Options
  • 14-05-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Hey boardsies. Im wondering if anyine can point me to the direction of a pretty decent but still cheap printer.

I have been looking at the HP 5520 as it has duplex (doublesided) printing but also has individual cartridges so may work out cheaper to replace one colour than the whole lot.

Ill be looking to print on card also and the print quality needs to be decent.

My budget is about €70 and i dont mind if its in a B&M or online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

djdunny wrote: »
    Hey boardsies. Im wondering if anyine can point me to the direction of a pretty decent but still cheap printer.

I have been looking at the HP 5520 as it has duplex (doublesided) printing but also has individual cartridges so may work out cheaper to replace one colour than the whole lot.

Ill be looking to print on card also and the print quality needs to be decent.

My budget is about €70 and i dont mind if its in a B&M or online.
    Hi I am in the same boat, I have a HP LaserJet 3800dn and while it's a great printer - laser, does double sided, great memory in it, prints large volumes quickly - I am sick of buying the cartridges. Have HP even heard theres a recession on??

I use a large volume of print so the HP 5520 would not suit.

Anyway not sure if you had any sucess? I was looking at a Brother HK-4140CN it seems to do everything the HP does except the double-sided printing. Anyone else have experience in Brother printers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Sorry for the late reply to this. I was away on holidays. Just to let you all know that I got the HP 5520 in Dunnes of all places. Picked it up for 69.99 which isn't a bad price compared to other places that i've seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

djdunny wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply to this. I was away on holidays. Just to let you all know that I got the HP 5520 in Dunnes of all places. Picked it up for 69.99 which isn't a bad price compared to other places that i've seen it.
    Yeah I just went with the HP cartridges TBH I sourced a supply of non HP Cartridges - Xerox make them at about 2/3rds the price. thanks for the reply.

Advertisement