Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Advice (CE4 not firing)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

First rule of vaping have spares of everything , have you any vaping stores near you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I've learnt my lesson now. I have heard so many people saying it, yet I never bought extras as I tried to keep costs down. I wasn't trying to scabby, I just didn't want to jump in too deep before I knew what I was getting into.

Yeah, I'm in Dublin, working on Camden St. tomorrow, so I will consider going to Purplebox or SmokeDifferent. Don't know where to start, or what I can expect to pay, but anyway.

did you buy it in one of those places ? bring it with you they should nearly replace it at 4months if they are any good and if they dont i wouldnt get your next one there

Originally bought in Kix on Talbot St., but they're pissy about dates and only give 30 days on their batteries. I already had to go before once to replace a dodgy clearo that they gave me, and you'd swear that I was trying to hold them up at gunpoint.

I've never gone back to them as they're crazy expensive and not as helpful as other independent stores.

30 days is just not good enough for a 20 euro battery , but i cant say exactly what you are entitled to , if i remember rightly i remember seeing 3 months in one place and 6 in another

The fact they only offer 30 days would be enough to make me run a mile , do you have a spare atomizer for your ce4 ? if so try changing it just to see

• Advertisement

Thanks again, masonchat, for your advice. Unfortunately, I don't have any spares, but anyone who's seen it says that it seems to be on the way out.

I'm now thinking of blowing my last bit of cash on the MVP2 or the Cool Fire 2.

the battery in mvp2 is 2600mah i think , it does me 2 days at 11w between charges and im a heavy enough user, the cool fire is only s an 18350 battery

also you get iclear 30 with mvp now im not a great fan of those but its a spare tank you could throw in a drawer for times like this lol

also a handy feature with mvp is you can use it to charge ur phone or tablet if u were stuck.

i sound like a salesman ha ,

Absolutely! A good salesman too!

From reading here, people are a bit iffy since it is a built in battery. I don't want to have to throw away the full piece of kit in a few months, and I will be using it as my daily driver.

Is the Cool Fire not so great? I thought, since you can change the battery, that it is a good thing in terms of future proofing. And, I don't mind recharging really. I am happy enough to charge it for two hours or so every two or three days.

To save some money in future the cheapest tanks are ones you can either rebuild or even just rewick yourself

I love the protank 2 on the mvp , the evod tank uses the exact same coils as the protank and they are by far the easiest coils to first rewick and when the coil eventually dies they are easy enough to rebuild ,

but for now if you could just manage to rewick and dry burn (clean) coil for an evod you can easily get a month or more from each 2 euro coil and the evod tanks are long lasting, you can buy the coils from fasttech pack of 5 for 5dollars =3.65 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

From reading here, people are a bit iffy since it is a built in battery. I don't want to have to throw away the full piece of kit in a few months, and I will be using it as my daily driver.

Is the Cool Fire not so great? I thought, since you can change the battery, that it is a good thing in terms of future proofing. And, I don't mind recharging really. I am happy enough to charge it for two hours or so every two or three days.

An 18350 battery is only 800mah, so you'd need two to get you through the day.

• Advertisement

masonchat wrote: »
    but for now if you could just manage to rewick and dry burn (clean) coil for an evod you can easily get a month or more from each 2 euro coil and the evod tanks are long lasting, you can buy the coils from fasttech pack of 5 for 5dollars =3.65 euro

I've been cleaning and dry burning my iClear 30 coils on occasion and it has extended the life of them I have to say. EVOD is the way to go so?
    I just had this (probably wrong) idea in my mind that a device with the LCD screen on it which enabled you to change your settings would be better, and that a battery would last longer, but I can see the need to buy the device, and spare batteries, and a spare charger, and all the pieces that go with it, which would work up very expensive.

I'm fairly set on grabbing a MVP 2 tomorrow, but I am just fearful of having this same situation in a few months (4 or 5) and having to throw it out. It's an awful waste. But, it seems like the best option. And, I am only dealing in cash, so buying an iTaste VV 3.0 from TheBestShop isn't really feasible.
    An 18350 battery is only 800mah, so you'd need two to get you through the day.

Jesus, that's mental. Very bad.

I just saw you get a nice tank with the cool fire as well , but the 18350 batteries (not included ) would be a deal breaker for me you would need 2/3 of them to get through the day or i do anyway when i use them.

If I'm getting around two days use on my 1100 eGo CE4 would this not be fairly on par with it?

Jesus, that's mental. Very bad.

Not really, they are very small, so carrying a spare is no hassle. I use my nemesis in 18350 mode most of the time to keep the size down.

The MVP has got a great reputation, so you should have no problem with it at all.

Welcome to shineyitus!

Ha! Thanks, I think I've contracted it alright. The long and expensive journey.

Take a look at the devices on here..

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057013518/1

If I'm getting around two days use on my 1100 eGo CE4 would this not be fairly on par with it?

you would think so i agree , it should be about 2 18350 batteries , you must be a light user compared to me i could get a day from 1100mah ego

but regardless with the cool fire you would need 2 min 18350 batteries and a charger , money better spent for now at least imo on 2 reliable cheap (if buget is tight ) tanks i.e evod , or 1 evod and some spare coils

but its your calll dude you will be the one suckin it lol

There is a six month warranty with the mvp2 , it is quality though you will know that the minute you pick it up , they have been around a few years and i havent seen or heard any complaints about them , just with all vaping devices treat the threads with respect when screwing in and out tanks and dont over tighten .

you get usb lead for charging , my samsung 5a phone charger works fine to charge it also

you would think so i agree , it should be about 2 18350 batteries , you must be a light user compared to me i could get a day from 1100mah ego

but regardless with the cool fire you would need 2 min 18350 batteries and a charger , money better spent for now at least imo on 2 reliable cheap (if buget is tight ) tanks i.e evod , or 1 evod and some spare coils

but its your calll dude you will be the one suckin it lol

*obligatory giggity*

Yeah, I see your point. Thank you. I'm going to pop into purplebox today and consider my options. I will probably get a few tanks (although I like the iClear 30) and whatnot. If I really can stretch and cash in my loyalty points, I'll move to a MVP2, since it comes with juice and they throw in some clearos.

There is a six month warranty with the mvp2 , it is quality though you will know that the minute you pick it up , they have been around a few years and i havent seen or heard any complaints about them , just with all vaping devices treat the threads with respect when screwing in and out tanks and dont over tighten .

you get usb lead for charging , my samsung 5a phone charger works fine to charge it also

What's the general recommendation with screwing it in? I want it to be firm, but not too tight, right?

Yeah, it does seem like a great piece of kit. I looked at the threads, and apart from a few Boardsies saying theirs died very shortly, it seems fantastic.

*obligatory giggity*

Yeah, I see your point. Thank you. I'm going to pop into purplebox today and consider my options. I will probably get a few tanks (although I like the iClear 30) and whatnot. If I really can stretch and cash in my loyalty points, I'll move to a MVP2, since it comes with juice and they throw in some clearos.

What's the general recommendation with screwing it in? I want it to be firm, but not too tight, right?

Yeah, it does seem like a great piece of kit. I looked at the threads, and apart from a few Boardsies saying theirs died very shortly, it seems fantastic.

Yeah just take your time so you dont cross thread anything , once you feel contact you really only need go a hair more after that

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help!

I went off and blew my load (of cash, you dirty minded individuals) on a MVP 2. It seemed like the best step at the moment, and it will be a good step into the future. However, I'm trying to get my head around the voltages and wattage on this device.

Based upon this chart...

If I have...

iClear 30 Clearo (with a 2.1℧ coil)...
    I should have my U button (Variable Voltage) at 4.1 and my P (Variable Voltage) at ~8?

For example...

2.1℧ coil --> Voltage @ ~3.5V --> ~5.5W Wattage
    2.1℧ coil --> Voltage @ ~4.0V --> ~7.5W Wattage

Am I reading this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yeah, if you have an Android phone download Vaper's Toolbox app.

It's a very handy app to have especially if you're going to make your own coils or use a mech mod.

3.5v @ 2.1℧ You will be vaping at 5.83 watts and 1.67amps.

4.0v @ 2.1℧ You will be vaping at 7.62 and 1.9 amps

I'm downloading the app now. Thanks.

But where do the amps come into it? I can't see on my MVP 2 where this is even a settings or is available. I've read the instructions from cover to cover numerous times.

You will only need to know your amps if you are using a Mechanical Mod ( no circuitry) to make sure you are not drawing more amps than the battery is rated for.
    when you get into Sub Ohm the wattage gets very high

eg on a newly charged battery

4.2v @ .2℧ you will be vaping at 88.2 watts and 21 amps

I understand. So, for me, it is best to stick on the example I gave above. I am on the right train of thought with it?

Put in into P mode and set it to 7.5. Once you set the power (watts) you don't have to worry about volts or ohms.

You're spot on,

I think most people find their sweet spot for vaping at between 7-8.5 watts.
    Some like a warmer draw or some juices taste better at higher power so it's only a matter of playing around with the settings until you find what suits you.

Glad you got it hope it goes well for you , no need to over think the mvp its basicly an ego twist with a display.

Its easiest to adjust the watts to where u want it, you either have it in vv mode or vw mode ya get me ?

If you were using a 2.5omh coil at 5volts , lets say you change tanks and the new one has 1.3omh coil , then the mvp will shoot 5 volts into that 1.3omh coil in other words in vv mode it will make no allowences for what resistance coil you are using.

Where as in vw mode the mvp adjusts depending on the resistance of each coil (tank) you put on , so that it outputs at your chosen wattage regardless of the resistance. therefore vw is easier

on a 2omh coil you will probably want to be up near the top anyway id say,

hope you can make sense of that best i can explain it

Advertisement