Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up a contacts group

• 14-05-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests is there anyway to set up a contacts group so I can send out a group txt message? I'm a commitee member in a golf society and have to send out quite a few txts and this would make it a lot easier for me.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

etxp wrote: »
    As the title suggests is there anyway to set up a contacts group so I can send out a group txt message? I'm a commitee member in a golf society and have to send out quite a few txts and this would make it a lot easier for me.

Cheers

here ya go....

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/group-text!/id377826584?mt=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

The one review of this app says its a waste of money. Has anyone else tried using it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

dodzy wrote: »

That doesn't really help me in setting up a group though. And I'm not paying nearly 3 euro for an app, if rather just pick them individually. Cheers tho.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That doesn't really help me in setting up a group though. And I'm not paying nearly 3 euro for an app, if rather just pick them individually. Cheers tho.

Set them up in your computer, then the groups appear in the contacts on iPhone/iPad

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just do this once and then don't delete the messege in your sms app. I do it for football every week. One text group set up 2 years ago is still going today and every week I just send one text from within the conversation and it goes to all contacts in the group.

• Advertisement
Advertisement