Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semester X fees and structure

Options
  • 14-05-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm currently mid way through my exams for Stage 1 Arts and I've a strong feeling I've failed a core (language) module. I've heard semester X being mentioned a few times but I haven't really got a clue what it is and especially about the fees. I understand it's a semester where you do the modules you failed and then you join the rest of your year in the second semester if you pass these modules? Or is it that you take a leave of absence after that semester? I'm so confused and the UCD website is absolutely no help so if any one who's been through semester X or has any info about it could give me a shout it would be much appreciated!

ps what's up with UCD not doing august repeats?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SRFCAndyC

dazdel wrote: »
    I'm currently mid way through my exams for Stage 1 Arts and I've a strong feeling I've failed a core (language) module. I've heard semester X being mentioned a few times but I haven't really got a clue what it is and especially about the fees. I understand it's a semester where you do the modules you failed and then you join the rest of your year in the second semester if you pass these modules? Or is it that you take a leave of absence after that semester? I'm so confused and the UCD website is absolutely no help so if any one who's been through semester X or has any info about it could give me a shout it would be much appreciated!

ps what's up with UCD not doing august repeats?

remember someone on here saying that semester x is now gone, you can repeat the failed module exam at the semester 1 exams next year gpa for that module will be capped at 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

You'd be better off asking your programme office about the specifics but afaik there's no such thing as semester x anymore. You repeat your failed modules, if you choose to St them again, in the next semester.

Advertisement