Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

idea number of upper body workouts per week?

• 14-05-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭

Joined a gym in Dec to get over the winter slump and my normal fitnees has been running, cycling and hill walking so all legs. about a month ago I stwiched from doing for general gym workouts to doing 2 upperbody focused and 2 leg days. within the scheme of things is this optimal for upper body development or would 3 out of the 4 as upper body be better? from now on I will be doing a 10K run or 3ish hour cycle at the weekend on top or instead of a leg day depending how it works out.
    in terms of goals I was planning that the gym work would support the running and cyclying but I am enjoying the upper body fitness I am getting so happy to treat it seperate from the other activites.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,658 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What is you exact 4 day program.

Chances are you are looking at the wrong aspect of your training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Mellor wrote: »
    What is you exact 4 day program.

Chances are you are looking at the wrong aspect of your training

obviously at this stage I dont know enough to target specific groups just happy if overall fitness is increasing

"upper" days

10 min rowing machine warmup (moderate effort)

3X15 assisted chin up
    3X10 Ab crunch
    3X15 assisted dips
    2X10 Bench Press
    2X10 Bench Barbell Curl
    3X10 uprights with a free weight
    3 sets of "21's"
    3x10 Ab Crunch
    ~10 minutes Cable workout
    15 minute interval Treadmill

"lower" days

10 min rowing machine warmup (moderate effort)
    3X15 seated leg press
    2X10 Squat machine
    2X10 leg press
    3X10 Ab Crunch
    2X10 each way on leg extention machine
    2 rounds of walking weighted lunges
    2 sets of "box step ons" weighted
    3X10 Ab Crunch
    15 minute interval Treadmill

(just introduced to Barbell squat so may swap out the squat machine in future)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

anyone? Bueller?

Advertisement