Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get a board in portugal?

Options
  • 14-05-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So im going to portugal next week and I am going to get a board over there (anything from 6'0" to 6'6") instead of bringing or posting one and risking the damage a baggage handler could do to it.
    does anyone know any good shops in the south that has a good selection but isnt overpriced for tourists, I have looked online and all I can find is lagos surf center but I would like to look around anyway when im there. ill be in Algarve near aljezur but ill be getting there from Faro airport and I can pick one up on the way so anywhere nearby would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

In the industrial zone outside villa de bispo there is a large ish surf shop or try sagres there area couple of shops there. Enjoy the holiday it's a great spot if its big and you see very few locals about they are all down in zafiell

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brideygreen

I worked at a surfcamp in that area last summer, Jah Shaka Surf shop in Lagos have a pretty sweet selection of boards, not sure if they are selling second hand ones atm........also there's a guy who works with "The surf experience" in Lagos who will shape you a custom board, his name is Justin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I worked at a surfcamp in that area last summer, Jah Shaka Surf shop in Lagos have a pretty sweet selection of boards, not sure if they are selling second hand ones atm........also there's a guy who works with "The surf experience" in Lagos who will shape you a custom board, his name is Justin

Think Justin might have moved back to the UK.... here's his website :
    http://morphsurfboards.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

try Peer at info_at_algarve-adventure.com, they're a school/rental in Arrifana but might be able to help. I'm in Portugal at the moment, 0.9m 12s swell yesterday with S wind. great day!!

Advertisement