Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x

• 14-05-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

While i sympathise with your situation OP, it's important to remember that if he was having a relationship with woman instead of a man, would you be as outraged as you are now? Having said that, i do feel that he should have done the decent thing and come out to you rather than you finding out from your daughter. I think that's pretty low itself but it's never that easy for people who have been in the closet for years. just my two cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

violate wrote: »
    I am a 35 yr old woman. My daughter (age 13) has just told me that when her Dad's friend comes to visit he leaves his bag in her Dad's room and sleeps there. She started to cry and said "I think Dad is gay'. There have always been small questions in my mind regarding his sexualtiy but now it seems he is carrying on a homosexual relationship without even having the decency to be honest with his children or me about the situation. I have no problem with him being gay per se but I do have a massive problem with the deceit and the lies. Now I don't know where to turn. Obviously my first concern is how is my poor daughter going to deal with this but my ex really put me through hell when I ended the relationship. He was very happy to make sure I knew that the whole breakup was entirely my fault. I feel defrauded.

Has anyone got any experience of such a mess? I feel if I confront my ex directly he will just keep lying and denying his relationship.

Strange as it may seem, some gays are still ashamed of their sexual orientation. It not clear from this if he is gay or even bi. (Probably a mute point)
    Not sure what can be done at this point as the relationship has ended. I imagine it must feel like there is a degree of portrayal there. He may not however feel like he owes you any kind of an apology if the relationship has ended. Regardless of how he may have tried to make you feel, and this goes for most failed relationship, there is some blame from both parties. He in all likelyhood whether he admits it or not, is likely equally responsible for the relationship breakdown. Have you considered speak to someone professionally about this experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Closed as OP has deleted post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement