Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone had a similar problem with technicians not coming out? Utter Disgrace

Options
  • 14-05-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Sorry for the long read but this is the complaint I sent to Eircom...

In February of this year we started having an issue with our Broadband service provided by Eircom. It originally stopped working on a Thursday night. We rang technical support who first tried to troubleshoot the problem and when this didn’t work we were advised that a technician would be out to fix the problem in three working days. The following Tuesday came and the technician did not appear. I called again and was advised that he would definitely be out the next day (Wednesday). The technician never came. Eventually after numerous calls I was put in contact with <snip> who said he would sort out the issue and call me back with an update. He never called back. I called the following Tuesday to advise of this and 30 minutes later I received a voicemail from <him> advising an agent would call. An agent called <snip> and talked me through a troubleshooting session again. Obviously this didn’t help so he ordered another technician. This technician was scheduled to call between 2-4pm on Friday. This technician never arrived. Eventually the 16 days after the issue had been raised a technician came and “fixed” the problem. At all stages during this process someone had to be in the house to let in the technician that was supposed to arrive. Often I had to take time off work because of this. I made approx 20 phone calls regarding the issue and on 3 occasions I was offered a call back and it never happened. One of these call-backs that never came was from a supervisor <snip>.

I thought I had made a complaint with regards to this but when I called on the 15th April I was advised I hadn’t. So on the 15th April I made a formal complaint to <snip>. She apologised for all the issues that had arisen then confirmed that she would have a reply to the complaint within 10 working days. Once again I received no callback/reply after having been promised one. Yet again I had to chase Eircom for this. Subsequently on Saturday the 10th May my broadband broke again. I called techniqal support who agreed to have a technician call on Tuesday the 13th. This technican never arrived.

I then called a <snip> in Customer Service on Tuesday 13th May to raise both the issue of not having a reply to my complaint and not getting the technician as promised. <snip> advised she was going to escalate the problem and I would have a call within 2 hours. The call never came. I called back 5 hours later and was put through to a <snip>. She apologised for all the issues, advised there was a backlog in the complaints department and advised that someone from Operations would call me after reviewing my whole case at 9.30 on Wednesday 14th.

I then received a call from a <snip> on time on Wednesday morning. <snip> was not aware of the original complaint from the 15th April and at first advised me that I had never left a formal complaint and that there was only a “note on your account that day”. She also advised me no-one had ever booked “an official appointment with a technician” previous to this (Is there official and unofficial appointments????) . <snip> then asked me for a complaint number from the 15th April. All this had been provided to <snip> yesterday and I was told that <snip> would be fully informed of my case when she called. She wasn’t and it let to more of my time being wasted. Eventually <snip> asked me what I wanted done about this. I would have thought this to be obvious. I’d like my original complaint to be dealt with and my broadband fixed. Apparently this was not in <snip>s remit and she said she would escalate this to someone else. I advised <snip> that I would be looking for compensation for all the wasted time and stress etc this has caused from the Ombudsman. <snip> then posed the question “do I not get paid for my holidays?. Of all the poor service, broken promises (lies) that I’ve had to put up with this annoyed me the most. Whether I get paid for my holidays is none of anybody’s concern. I’ve had to spend days in my house where I would rather have been doing anything else waiting for technicians that were promised and never came. I can understand there being a fault with a service but to have been constantly lied to as to when your technicians would be calling is a disgrace. It would have been better for you to say they’ll be around in 2 weeks’ time. Also the fact that I am the person constantly calling you is nothing short of a disgrace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

<snip - quoted post with staff names>

Hi shaneoconnor

I'm very sorry to hear of this negative experience and of course for the inconvenience this has caused you.

This really should have been resolved by now so please PM me your eircom account number and contact details and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP you should now contact ComReg as Eircom have failed to handle their complaints process properly and have failed to answer your formal complaint within the allowed timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gurra

Originally posted by shaneoconnor
    ...<snip> ...I made a formal complaint to <snip>... <snip> ...was put through to a <snip>... <snip> ...I then received a call from a <snip>... <snip>

I have had similar issues dealing with eircom.

How did you manage to get surnames? Over the last number of months dealing with Eircom customer service I only got a surname once, unfortunately she was out sick every time I tried to reach her after that. First names are no good. I've had "there is no <insert name here> here" to there are 3 <insert same name here> here to being put through to "<insert same name here>" but turns out to be different person.

I have been hung up on, I have been put on hold only to be transferred, and I have been transfered between different departments only to go full circle back to the original one. Whenever you do get transferred, the new person *never* knows anything about what has been discussed and you have to explain everything again.

I decided to move from Digiweb ADSL to Eircom Efibre mainly due to uplink speeds - needed for work VPN. The ADSL was rock solid but the uplink just wasn't fast enough.
    Big mistake on my behalf.

I had huge problems with orders at first, they were all cancelled without notice or lost (I received 5 separate different direct debit letters and numerous different customer numbers, still don't even know which customer number is the correct one). I also took days off work staying at home waiting for eircom technicians that never arrived.

My old broadband was suddenly cut off without notice and it took 14 days without broadband of any kind and many many calls before efibre was eventually installed.

The broadband service itself was installed on the one day I wasn't home. I spoke with the technician over the phone, asked him to simply put the efibre modem in the same eircom ADSL socket where the old ADSL modem was, came home to find the Efibre modem on the floor in the study where the chair goes and new cables running across the floor from the door. Upstairs phones were not working as these were still running from the original now deactivated ADSL socket. Existing Ethernet and phone cables won't reach the modem as it is in the opposite end of the room. This was about a month or so ago.

To top it all off, efibre never worked. It is fast sometimes but slow most of the time, slower than the ADSL was. Youtube streaming doesn't work for more than about 10-20 minutes after which the efibre modem needs a cold restart. It just stops creating new HTTP connections. I have a 100M/20M DSL connection which logs very few errors, most if not all correctable, yet youtube standard definition often does not even play back without buffering.

The Internet connection can also go down completely at random times, even at 4am in the morning. The DSL connection remains up during these down periods (according to modem LEDs and statistics) and no DSL errors are logged, yet a reboot of the efibre modem usually but not always fixes this.

A line fault was found the first time I called after the initial install, and a technician called without prior notice to the door when no one was at home. As far as I know there is still a line fault but no one has called since.

At the moment, as far as I have been told, Eircom engineers are working on a problem in the exchange, but there are no specifics as to what the problem is, nor is there an estimated time for it to be fixed. The issue according to eircom has been given "highest priority".

The house wiring still needs to be done correctly and I'm at my wits end with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shaneoconnor

foggy_lad wrote: »
    OP you should now contact ComReg as Eircom have failed to handle their complaints process properly and have failed to answer your formal complaint within the allowed timeframe.
    Thanks for your reply. I contacted them and they are helping me with regards to getting the service back but can't help with conpensation

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shaneoconnor

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I contacted them and they are helping me with regards to getting the service back but can't help with conpensation
    I was also told by Eircom a manager was to call me. Still waiting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

I was told I would be contacted by an Eircom Manager to resolve my issue 3 months ago and never heard anything back.

I've given up all hope of any assistance from any member of eircom Customer "Support".

I'd advise you do the same.

Ravenid wrote: »
    I was told I would be contacted by an Eircom Manager to resolve my issue 3 months ago and never heard anything back.

I've given up all hope of any assistance from any member of eircom Customer "Support".

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Ravenid,

As per this thread: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057166057/1#post89892707 - I have previously asked you to PM your account details so I can follow up however as to date I have received no details from you.

If you want me to follow up on this please PM me your details.

Alan[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Hi Ravenid,

As per this thread: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057166057/1#post89892707 - I have previously asked you to PM your account details so I can follow up however as to date I have received no details from you.

Alan
    Alan,

I have been lied to by so many eircom employees I dont trust anyone from eircom anymore.

What's even more disappointing is that I am an ex-eircom Customer Support agent so I have a more detailed level to compare drop in support to users against.

Agents promising me that they would call me back personally the next day knowing full well they are leaving for a 2 week holiday was the start.

Another agent claiming to be the manager of an Accounts department that didn't exist was when I started to think I was getting the run around.

Since then I've had 4 callbacks fail to happen. I've been on the line with an agent for nearly 30mins explaining what happened only to find the next time I called back in (Because I again failed to get a callback.) that the notes for the case were "User has an issue."

I initially came here as I believed it was a last avenue to see if I could get some assistance but I have since been told not to discuss my case with anyone until the decision from ComReg comes back.

Alan, I've been in your position and I dont mean to come across as rude or inconsiderate believe me but it is no longer possible for Customer Support to assist me in my issue. However I do want to assist customers who have been or are in my position.

PS Alan and Co. chin up its never as bad as you think it is. You should try working in Dell Tech Support. There's 6 years of my life I really want to forget.  :(

Hi Ravenid,

Alan
    Alan,

I have been lied to by so many eircom employees I dont trust anyone from eircom anymore.

What's even more disappointing is that I am an ex-eircom Customer Support agent so I have a more detailed level to compare drop in support to users against.

Agents promising me that they would call me back personally the next day knowing full well they are leaving for a 2 week holiday was the start.

Another agent claiming to be the manager of an Accounts department that didn't exist was when I started to think I was getting the run around.

Since then I've had 4 callbacks fail to happen. I've been on the line with an agent for nearly 30mins explaining what happened only to find the next time I called back in (Because I again failed to get a callback.) that the notes for the case were "User has an issue."

I initially came here as I believed it was a last avenue to see if I could get some assistance but I have since been told not to discuss my case with anyone until the decision from ComReg comes back.

Alan, I've been in your position and I dont mean to come across as rude or inconsiderate believe me but it is no longer possible for Customer Support to assist me in my issue. However I do want to assist customers who have been or are in my position.

PS Alan and Co. chin up its never as bad as you think it is. You should try working in Dell Tech Support. There's 6 years of my life I really want to forget.  :(

Hi Ravenid

I understand you do not want to discuss this whilst the Comreg case is ongoing however if at any time you do want to discuss this please feel free to get in touch with us here.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement