Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP History Ordinary Paper Layout

• 14-05-2014 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

What is the layout of the paper OL History paper ?

Do you answer the two Irish and one of American/European

That's what the papers say but my teacher said 1 Irish and the European and American
    If the first is true you can leave out one book then ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Anybody ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PinkCat86

hello Hollister 11,

Can you buy past papers from a bookshop?
    If you need help I am a history teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I did HL history last year so I'm not 100% sure.

Last year, the document question came from 'Europe and the wider world' which means you answered the document, then 2 Irish topics and one Europe/US topics.

This year, the document is on an Irish topic, the Pursuit of Sovereignty and Impact of Partition. This means in the long questions, you answer 1 irish topic and 2 Europe/US topics.

So if you are looking at past papers and seeing a different layout it's because the layout changes every 3 years. Your teacher is wrong in saying you can leave a book out.

@Pinkcat 86 am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

this is the layout according to my papers

section 1: compulsory document (topic 3: pursuit of sovereignty and the impact of partition for us)

section 2: later modern ireland (do one topic)

section 3: later modern Europe (do two topics)

hope that helps!

Advertisement