Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did Molly Malone go?

Options
  • 14-05-2014 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

Was passin through grafton street today and noticed Molly and her cleavage has moved on. Did she meet the man of her dreams or what?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

removed to facilitate the new Luas line

http://www.newstalk.ie/reader/47.301.341/24290/0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Stheno wrote: »
    removed to facilitate the new Luas line

http://www.newstalk.ie/reader/47.301.341/24290/0/

I thought she was supposed to be moved to Moore street? Was that proposal thrown out? Remember reading about it a while ago, there was uproar over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Walked down St Andrew St today and didn't even notice her!

Tbh that location on Grafton Street is a bit ridiculous. Even without the tourists, the statue narrows the footpath a great deal, then take away another couple of metres for tourists crowded around, then another metre for some boxes sticking out of the ground. The entire flow of people from Grafton St to O'Connell Street is effectively funnelled through about two or three metres of pavement. I hope they don't move her back, and instead leave her somewhere with a bit of room around her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Aard wrote: »
    Walked down St Andrew St today and didn't even notice her!

Tbh that location on Grafton Street is a bit ridiculous. Even without the tourists, the statue narrows the footpath a great deal, then take away another couple of metres for tourists crowded around, then another metre for some boxes sticking out of the ground. The entire flow of people from Grafton St to O'Connell Street is effectively funnelled through about two or three metres of pavement. I hope they don't move her back, and instead leave her somewhere with a bit of room around her.

That's probably because she isn't their. She was due to go for a deep clean for 6 weeks before being placed back on the streets!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That is a relief. I thought we were going to see a repeat of Ballinspittle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Going to be moved to a street more broad than narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Probably off to America, like everyone else

Advertisement