Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit

Options
  • 14-05-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

hi there,

previously i have been paying the bill by direct debit.. but recently for this couple of month, the transaction has been declined due to the lack of amount of money in the account. so i have been paying it manually / transfer online to the account. 

the latest bill that i get, the bill is almost 600.. after inquiry they said that they charge the deposit 300 (and it not even been mention on the bill!) along with the outstanding and current charge. 

so, it is possible for me to register back direct debit without paying this deposit? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi gnote2,

If a residential customer has not been with Electric Ireland for a minimum period of 14 months, there is a requirement for them either to pay the €300 security deposit (refunded after a minimum of 14 months) or to pay by direct debit (also for a minimum of 14 months).

It is either one or the other that is required, never both. If direct debit is discontinued on an account before the minimum period of 14 months has passed, the security deposit is automatically applied to the customer's account.
    Once the customer re-activates their direct debit, the security deposit is automatically removed - so this would be the case in relation to your account.

If you private message me your Electric Ireland account number, your name, address and telephone number, confirming you are the account-holder, we can look into this further for you. If you wish to change bank details, we cannot do this as we do not take bank account particulars by private message here on Boards, but if you just wish to re-activate the bank account details that are on your account already, do private message your Electric Ireland account details as per above.

Regards,
    Una 

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gnote2

so does it mean that if i activate back the direct debit, i still have to pay for 300euro for deposit? and return to me after 14 month minimum?

Hi again gnote2,

No, for residential customers in their first 14 months (minimum) with Electric Ireland, it is only direct debit or payment of the security deposit that is required; one or the other, never both.

Because your direct debit has been deactivated (this happens automatically after a certain amount of time if direct debit payments are not going through) the security deposit has been applied to your account automatically. However if you re-activate your direct debit, the security deposit charge will be automatically removed.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gnote2

Hi again gnote2,

No, for residential customers in their first 14 months (minimum) with Electric Ireland, it is only direct debit or payment of the security deposit that is required; one or the other, never both.

Because your direct debit has been deactivated (this happens automatically after a certain amount of time if direct debit payments are not going through) the security deposit has been applied to your account automatically. However if you re-activate your direct debit, the security deposit charge will be automatically removed.

Regards,
    Una
    ok thanks. i will get back to u on the account no as i forgot to write it down. 

so basically if i reactivated it back, does i get a new bill, one without the deposit? i don really want my account to be deduct for 300 as im in need to use 

Hi gnote2,

Yes, that is correct - the bill will be taken by direct debit after you reactivate it, but not immediately, and it will not include the €300.

You can private message us your details without your account number if you just confirm on the message your name, address, telephone number and date of birth (and confirm you are the account-holder).

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement