Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairview

Options
  • 14-05-2014 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hello, what's Fairview like as an area to live in? I'm sort of familiar with Marino, is it similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's a bit more urban than Marino, lots of passing traffic and footfall with a mix of all sorts passing through, well serviced for convenience, public transport, butchers, greengrocers, small businesses etc... but not much when it comes to a supermarket without a car. But... an excellent location for carless people. A big mix of bohemians, families, students etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Isn't it amazing that someplace just round the corner can be described as 'more urban'. But it's true! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Fairview is a hive of scum and villainy these day in my view. The Marino Mart area of it mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

califano wrote: »
    Fairview is a hive of scum and villainy these day in my view. The Marino Mart area of it mainly.

Do explain. Only down the road from me. Seems okay to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do explain. Only down the road from me. Seems okay to me.

Some people are very scared of life in general it seems.
    There is nowhere unsafe to live in Dublin.

Amused to see Fairview described by anyone as 'scummy'. Perhaps the bus went slowly through it that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

spurious wrote: »
    Some people are very scared of life in general it seems.
    There is nowhere unsafe to live in Dublin.

Amused to see Fairview described by anyone as 'scummy'. Perhaps the bus went slowly through it that day.

If you keep your wits about you. You should be okay most anywhere. Never felt intimidated anywhere in fairview mind.

Advertisement