Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughreys sale agreed

Options
  • 14-05-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

So I see Loughreys has a sale agreed sign in Tullamore, anyone heard anything on the grapevine, Wetherspoons perhaps ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Funeral home apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

I thought that boots are moving in there, nearly sure that I read that in this forum months ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Na that was De Bruns, and I said it before and I'll say it again Boots won't be moving in there, they only open stores in shopping centres. As for the funeral home, I can't tell if your serious or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

they only open stores in shopping centres.

You are incorrect in your assertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Funeral home I tell ya!

• Advertisement

Na that was De Bruns, and I said it before and I'll say it again Boots won't be moving in there, they only open stores in shopping centres. As for the funeral home, I can't tell if your serious or not
    I stand corrected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bizebee

I heard yesterday that a new pub will be opening soon on high street called The Bus Bar......

There was a pub called the Bus Bar on high st for years, it was where the Dew Inn is which incidentally closed down a few weeks ago, more likely someone is gonna reopen it as the Bus Bar (it was called the bus bar because there is a bus stop right at its front door).
    As for the funeral home idea gtf

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

There was a pub called the Bus Bar on high st for years, it was where the Dew Inn is which incidentally closed down a few weeks ago, more likely someone is gonna reopen it as the Bus Bar (it was called the bus bar because there is a bus stop right at its front door).
    As for the funeral home idea gtf

Jamies' restaurant posted on Facebook
    Hey guys, some exciting news, we are delighted to announce to opening of The Bus Bar on High Street, Tullamore!!!! Watch this page for more details !!!
    so presumably they're the ones opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

LizT wrote: »
    Jamies' restaurant posted on Facebook
    so presumably they're the ones opening it.

Ive been in there before I think. Is it the really small place opposite the chinese restaurant?

• Advertisement

athlonelad wrote: »
    Ive been in there before I think. Is it the really small place opposite the chinese restaurant?

Don't think that you have the right place, it's on main street,down a bit from the garda station towards lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Is there any demand for more pubs in Tullamore?

Heard there is planning permission gone in for a disco bar in the square recently as well.

Any times I have been out in Tullamore lately there hasn't been huge numbers of people out. Surely there can't be enough business for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

athlonelad wrote: »

Your right very small place.

Your right very small place.
    Your right it is small and it is on high st. and it is across from the Chinese. There is no pub on main st. as you go to Lidl only a hotel

Your right it is small and it is on high st. and it is across from the Chinese. There is no pub on main st. as you go to Lidl only a hotel

I took it that athlone lad was wondering where jamies is,
    Sorry about that athlonelad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Is there any demand for more pubs in Tullamore?

Heard there is planning permission gone in for a disco bar in the square recently as well.

Any times I have been out in Tullamore lately there hasn't been huge numbers of people out. Surely there can't be enough business for them all.

I think that planning permission was lodged a few times - first in kilroys old place on the right hand side and then in O'Connor Sq. Think it was either withdrawn or refused every time. Wasn't it the same guy who had Coppers in Athlone?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I think that planning permission was lodged a few times - first in kilroys old place on the right hand side and then in O'Connor Sq. Think it was either withdrawn or refused every time. Wasn't it the same guy who had Coppers in Athlone?
    Yeah thats right, Coppers in Portlaoise too, its ridiculous looking for planning permission when there are 5 pubs lying empty (2 of which are big).

I only heard today that the decision was due on the nightclub from An Bord Pleanala last week. Will check to see how it went.

BTW - some of the idle ones are re-opening shortly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I only heard today that the decision was due on the nightclub from An Bord Pleanala last week. Will check to see how it went.

BTW - some of the idle ones are re-opening shortly too.

Been over a week, any news?

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Been over a week, any news?

pushed back to the 9th June. Not sure why.

• Advertisement
Advertisement