Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 Cash Reward - Missing Cat Barna - needs his medication

Options
  • 14-05-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Not sure if this is permitted on this forum? I'm sure the Mods will let me know..

Big white Persian-type cat (not pure breed) missing since yesterday. He's fairly old, never goes out for more than a couple of hours, and needs daily medication for a chronic illness.
    Very gentle, shy - no scratching risk!

Disappeared in the Cloch Scoilte area, about a mile up the road from Barna Village (just south of the Father Griffin monument.

Really, really want to be paying out that reward!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Semper Hibernia

Forgot to add - he could well have got into a garage, outhouse, shed, and got himself locked in!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have you pics?. Have you gone to GSPCA and facebook?. I'll share pics and info, have a few friends living this direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I'll spread the word on Twitter - Hope you find him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Ask Galway Cat Rescue to repost on FB. Hope you find him x

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

I've had cats disappear like that sometimes. Mostly they just turn up a few days later without a bother leaving you none the wiser. One got into the neighbours garage just when they went on holiday. After nearly a week I heard faint meowing from the garage and got him out. He just had a drink of water of fell asleep on the couch with no so much of a thank you.

Hopefully you'll have similar result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Not sure if this is permitted on this forum? I'm sure the Mods will let me know..

Big white Persian-type cat (not pure breed) missing since yesterday. He's fairly old, never goes out for more than a couple of hours, and needs daily medication for a chronic illness.
    Very gentle, shy - no scratching risk!

Disappeared in the Cloch Scoilte area, about a mile up the road from Barna Village (just south of the Father Griffin monument.

Really, really want to be paying out that reward!

Have you tried checking Blofelds secret volcano lair out the Barna road?

Huge 'Thank You' to all here who replied - Wish I could send chocolates, flowers, and a large double to each one of you for the great practical advice, support, help, and good wishes.

The Wee Bugger strolled in just over 26 hours after vanishing - noisy, hungry, thirsty, smelling of dust/faint-manure, and then desperate to get back out again. Clearly got himself locked into a farm shed. A neighbour told me that a farm nearby had calves born the night before. I suspect he'd gone to investigate discreetly, fell asleep inside, then the doors were closed......

So grateful to everyone for your kindness. Next forum drinks, I'll be standing rounds. Thanks a million!

- would love to post mugshot of the Dirty Stopout, but haven't got enough posts under my belt yet.

Advertisement