Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 6 – Sassano - Montecassino 247 May 15th, km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Deignan finished with Rodriguez group 7:43 behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

108 riders are classified as finished so far on the Pro Cycling Stats site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭happytramp

Jaysus, I can just imagine the two of them standing there with their hands out and the guy with the bike wondering what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Deignan finished with Rodriguez group 7:43 behind.

Jesus he's having a nightmare

My 2c - I thought they were right to carry on pressing after the crash. They've no idea who's involved or the extent of the injuries - race radio would only tell the race directors so much to pass on. A puncture - a rider puts his hand up to pull in the group knows what is happening. A crash? If it's behind take advantage.

Not sure that's the done thing.

Also pressing on is fine, I felt it looked like an attack when they cut back to the front. Thought the BMC was down in the drops drilling for all he was worth. I could be wrong though a lot was happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Giro_d_Italia_2014_Stage_6_Montecassino

No Roche or Meijka here, but I was sure I saw Meijka.

Rafa was definitely there. There was another Saxo lad in the rain coat in that group and there was the guy who came in alone a little later. If Roche was either of them we are golden. If not then god knows

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Rafa was definitely there. There was another Saxo lad in the rain coat in that group and there was the guy who came in alone a little later. If Roche was either of them we are golden. If not then god knows

I thought Roche was the lad on his own but I was watching it on a phone in work so can't be sure

If Roche was either of them we are golden. If not then god knows

Not looking good. I'm starting to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

both majka and roche listed at 15'08 back now

on procyclingstats

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

In at 15:08 down but if they did a bike swap that will be adjusted later

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »

on procyclingstats

Cant be right unless they both hit the deck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Roche just on the results page now. 15mins down.

First Saxo was definitely Michael Rodgers.

2nd has a black Rain Jacket, cannot tell what number.

Could be Roche/Majka.

EDIT: Definitely Majka. White Jersey

retalivity wrote: »

on procyclingstats

No chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Ah jayzus the tension! Someone give him a shout on the mobile and put me out of my misery...

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Roche just on the results page now. 15mins down.

Surely not. Evan Rodriguez is only at 7min. 15min has to be guys who waited for bike changes and soft pedaled. (Please let that be true)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Won't somebody think of the children Boardsies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

happytramp wrote: »
    Surely not. Evan Rodriguez is only at 7min. 15min has to be guys who waited for bike changes and soft pedaled. (Please let that be true)

Tinkoff Saxo ‏@tinkoff_saxo 2m
    Unfortunately, both #Tinkoff_Saxo's Roche and Majka both suffered a 15 minute set-back today. Rogers and McCarthy in the chase group. #Giro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

happytramp wrote: »

Pretty sure it is.
    Question is who swapped with who??

EDIT: Maybe Not!!

3rd guy over doesn't look to be Roche either. Has Red shoes. Roche has been wearing black so far AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, both #Tinkoff_Saxo's Roche and Majka both suffered a 15 minute set-back today. Rogers and McCarthy in the chase group. #Giro

Their next tweet said those results were not official so we continue to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

If Roche got a spare bike from the team car would it be the case that he had no timing chip so won't show up on initial results and will only be added manually after footage is reviewed?

That can't be right. Surely they would have waited for their protected riders

Starting to look like he defo wasn't in the second group and wasn't the lone rider over the line. So either way it's not going to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Must be wrong, Majka was defo in the 2nd group
    3rd guy over doesn't look to be Roche either. Has Red shoes. Roche has been wearing black so far AFAIK.

I thought that too, The group that came in 4mins down looked like roche was in that one, when I first saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

I wondered what Rodgers was doing in lead group without leaders ...not right surely

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Must be wrong, Majka was defo in the 2nd group

I thought that too, The group that came in 4mins down looked like roche was in that one, when I first saw it.

Lots of folk on twitter saying Majka was in chase group but nobody claiming the same for Roche.

Im starting to fear the worst. I suppose on the plus side, if he got caugt in the crash but was unhurt, he could just focus on grabbing a stage from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

#Giro My mistake Roche (on Petrov bike) + 1:09

• Advertisement

Im starting to fear the worst. I suppose on the plus side, if he got caugt in the crash but was unhurt, he could just focus on grabbing a stage from here.

Yes. Stage>>>>>top 10 on GC

Advertisement