Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Odd Classic VRT Question

Options
  • 14-05-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi there, first off sorry for posting another VRT question but I wasnt able to find anyone else in my position, here goes:

I'm wanting to import a 1978 mini from the UK to here, however the car is in pieces, literally dozens of pieces, I know i have to VRT it within 7 days but how can this be done considering it wont even be built for a year or so, also I think even classics (like this one) must undergo some kind of test at an NCT centre, please correct me if im wrong there, however this car again wont be roadworthy for at least a year so how can I VRT her without being able to bring her in for this test she may or may not need?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you can't VRT to it until it actually becomes a viable car again. The "test" the NCTS do to allow re-registration is to confirm the car is roadworthy , however this is merely a visual check to ensure it's all there, and that the chassis number matches the paperwork. You won't have to do this until it is ready for road and what I would do (to circumvent the 30 days rule) is to get a friendly local garage to give you a dated receipt for something vital like fitting the engine or commissioning the brakes, in order to show that it did not become a viable car until that date

("viable car" is my term...not legaleese)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Ceb

awesome thanks for your help on this really appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Well I hope it helps....the system doesn't make allowances for cases like yours!

Advertisement