Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parental Controls Query

Options
  • 14-05-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm a software engineer and over the 6 months or so I've been working on a project to develop a parental control application. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions of sites that kids use that could be of concern to a parent. Obviously there's a huge amount of sites that kids should not be allowed to visit but I'm more so looking to identify popular sites (or applications) that are in general OK for kids to visit but might be a worry for a parent as they could be misused. An example being ask.fm where there were several instances of cyber bullying. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I think 'snapchat' ( app) is a concern, well it is for me anyway. This seems to have taken over from Facebook, as they consider it more private, which it is.

My concern is the fact that messages can be sent and can contain anything (nasty, sexual etc) and they disappear- therefore no 'proof'. This has to be getting used in a bullying tactic. I absolutely hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Martin Joe

Looks like there are plenty of apps out there that are a real concern. Thanks for responses.

Advertisement